,...Opinions....

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry 125 CSL, I'm not trying to entertain, or be a thorn in ANYBODY'S side. I honestly want to help move passed this conflict, but I don't think it's going to be a one sided change.

Trust me, 90% understand and a good part have been on the receiving end. We know what he is going to say and your sense of justice(right and wrong).

• Like 1

Mike I can appreciate your frustration with all this blowback, but if you want members to follow these new rules, I want to suggest it might help to model the behavior you expect.

A few is not blowback.

Yeah that doesn't and has never ever worked. If you follow that advice you will be all alone in doing so. Certain children only understand being sent to their rooms after a spanking when they push past their boundaries. The smart ones figure this out.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/exclusive-poll-shows-california-voters-are-fired-up-for-june-election/vi-AAwizj1

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/04/24/california-poll-newsom-villaraigosa-and-cox-lead-race-for-governor/

Newsom, Villaraigosa and Cox lead race for governor

June election, which evil is the lest likely to make the next worst move ever.

I'd really like to comment but don't want it to be misunderstood as "complaining and bitching"  It's too bad because i was going to keep it civil and mature with no name calling.It would have been just my opinion.

• Like 2

I leave it to the poster to decide if it's complaining and bitching and choose not to post if it is. Snide comments like the above put Rick where he is. I cut him some slack because.... Rick. So opine away with caution, less I think it's shit directed at me. I don't have to take any, why should I?

Ding ding ding ding!, Funny how few members in the past got heat for complaining about getting shit and trolled, much of it done by the King himself, somehow he feels entitled to not getting trolled :LOL: I love the hypocrisy....but...you know what they say....

/Me eats popcorn

#myopinion

• Like 1

I leave it to the poster to decide if it's complaining and bitching and choose not to post if it is. Snide comments like the above put Rick where he is. I cut him some slack because.... Rick. So opine away with caution, less I think it's shit directed at me. I don't have to take any, why should I?

Got it.Only the moderator and Gato can post snide comments.I apologize.

• Like 3

Everyone has a valid point, but no one wants to own responsibility for what they ARE doing. I'll own that I've played the troll from time to time, I've practiced the art of snarky retorts, and I've been obnoxious and childish at times while asserting my unique sense of justice. Right here, right now, I am genuinely trying to help. If we're throwing jabs and barbs at each other this shit will continue to fester, even if dissenters are silenced. Can we put away the weapons and communicate by the rules, if just for a minute? 

It's my opinion that if we ALL follow the rules, Ratsun would be a very different place. We have no idea what that would look like or if it'd be good or bad, because the rules have always been arbitrarily obeyed and enforced here. You might say some degree of rebellion is an essential aspect of Datsun/Ratsun culture. Without a doubt, that touch of rebellion is what sets Ratsun apart from sites like the Realm. Both great resources for Datsun knowledge, but decidedly unequal when it comes to fun. Striking that balance is harder than it may appear.

Making changes in how any community interacts is a slow process. It's my opinion this kind of change starts at the top, and for the most part, our moderators have always ruled through example. That being said, I totally agree that cuz was an acidic environment that should have been fazed out long ago. I believe (for me anyway) although it was way passed time for cuz to go, it was the way it was shut down that caused my butthurt. I've come to grips that Mike and RW have their reasons for carrying it out the way they did, and I'm in no position to say I could have done it better. I know one thing for sure though, I wouldn't want Mikes job. No matter how much I want a different kind of leadership from him, I always have a choice either to accept what is, or leave it. 

• Like 2

The fuckery is what sets ratsun apart from other forums. Quite frankly, I find the realm boring and less welcoming. Forums held to some bullshit code of conduct that virtually no car enthusiast would hold themselves to are toxic in a different way, it leads to passive aggressive pussification. I’m a member of a Crown Vic forum, there’s strict language rules, and the mods let their buddies be punks even without off color language. They’ve banned people for requesting fair moderation for all. Wait a minute...

• Like 4

RW  sent me a P/M asking that Cuz be closed down and we never discussed it before hand. I admit I was pleasantly surprised as I was sick of it long before that but stayed engaged to keep track. There's no two week warning of closure, no weening off of a toxic topic. It was time to go and it went. The four or five or more members that spent the most time there are now here, orphans on the street. You could start your own forum and do what you like. Or move on, or join in.

Mike,you keep commenting and all it does is fuel the fire you're trying to put out.Moderate,don't participate if you don't like the subject.If some of us can discuss things in a civil manner then let it be discussed.If it gets out of hand,moderate.

• Like 3