,...Opinions....

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who still goes to starbucks? The company has gone about pissing off every group out there, except some of far left.

On top of that it is seriously overpriced for average tasting coffee.

...ur being nice about saying average tasting coffee, it sucks, too bitter, McDonald's coffee taste better and cheaper.
  • Like 3

...ur being nice about saying average tasting coffee, it sucks, too bitter, McDonald's coffee taste better and cheaper.

The only comparison McD's coffee has to real coffee is, it's brown. I like my cup of joe like a BLM foot solder, black bitter and strong. Cuz if yo ass don't pucker, it's not coffee.

That's why if I don't make it myself, I get it at Petes Coffee. 

McCoffee used to be the worst ever coffee, except maybe the gas 'n go on the Trans Canada outside Thunder Bay at 1:30 in the morning. It was close. McCoffee was the industry standard for how to brew weak-ass shit and I used it to compare all other coffees. I think they had a bean on a string and just used it over and over. However to their credit it improved several years ago to almost average. I press my own at home and at work we have a service with the carafe and pre packaged amounts. 1.5 packets in the brew basket makes it tolerable. Took a long time to go through their dozen different 'blends' but finally found something that stayed down. French Roast and Dark roast were the worst vile loathsome muck. Probably made from the bean scrapings that burnt and stuck to the roaster. 

.... but I digress........

Not a coffee snob or I would have a $5K machine to make it. I like what I like and try to make the best of what's around.

• Like 3

Bad California, Bad! The Cali Franchise Tax Board are a bunch of F'n thugs. I'm honest to a fault, and when my photography business was audited by the IRS, they were hella cool, and in the end they owed me $1,200. That same year I was audited by the CFTB and after roughing me up like a mafia juice man and finding I owed NOTHING, that asshole acted like I was a criminal. Not to mention the Prop 13 annual anal raping for home owners.

I have no sympathy for this "poor inventor" Gilbert Hyatt though. He's what's called a "patent tycoon", like many in the industrial revolution, he exploited an idea in the patent system instead of the marketplace. To give some sense of scale for this guy's scam, at one time, the USPTO had 14 primary examiners assigned to Hyatt’s cases with 399 overlapping patent applications that include over 100,000 claims.

https://patentlyo.com/patent/2014/11/applicant-patent-applications.html

Although Hyatt claims to be the father of the micro chip, his patent has never been used in a single electronic device. He won a 20 year legal battle on a loosely related chip design architecture though, so now the world pays him hundreds of $millions in royalties. This guy invested millions on manipulating the system and it paid off like hitting a jackpot. Fuck him.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/03/23/inventor-battling-us-over-patents-sought-in-1970s/6792451/

• Like 2

Bad California, Bad! The Cali Franchise Tax Board are a bunch of F'n thugs. I'm honest to a fault, and when my photography business was audited by the IRS, they were hella cool, and in the end they owed me $1,200. That same year I was audited by the CFTB and after roughing me up like a mafia juice man and finding I owed NOTHING, that asshole acted like I was a criminal. Not to mention the Prop 13 annual anal raping for home owners.

I have no sympathy for this "poor inventor" Gilbert Hyatt though. He's what's called a "patent tycoon", like many in the industrial revolution, he exploited an idea in the patent system instead of the marketplace. To give some sense of scale for this guy's scam, at one time, the USPTO had 14 primary examiners assigned to Hyatt’s cases with 399 overlapping patent applications that include over 100,000 claims.

https://patentlyo.com/patent/2014/11/applicant-patent-applications.html

Although Hyatt claims to be the father of the micro chip, his patent has never been used in a single electronic device. He won a 20 year legal battle on a loosely related chip design architecture though, so now the world pays him hundreds of $millions in royalties. This guy invested millions on manipulating the system and it paid off like hitting a jackpot. Fuck him.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/03/23/inventor-battling-us-over-patents-sought-in-1970s/6792451/

Um,prop 13 benefits homeowners and can really fuck the state.What annual raping ?

• Like 1

anti-KKK laws being used against antifa - it's a good thing.

Militarized Cops At Tiny Georgia Neo-Nazi Rally Arrest Counterprotesters For Wearing Masks

They cited a state law from the 1950s that was initially intended to go after hooded KKK members.

NEWNAN, Ga. — A heavily militarized police force of some 400 officers aggressively patrolled a small neo-Nazi rally in this city 40 miles southwest of Atlanta on Saturday and arrested about 10 counterprotesters, many for the crime of wearing a mask.

Police officers arrived before the rally began and approached a group of about 50 anti-fascist protesters. They demanded the protesters remove their masks or face arrest. The officers — who wore bulletproof vests and helmets, and carried semi-automatic rifles — cornered the anti-fascist protesters, then grabbed those who were still masked, tossing them to the ground and handcuffing them.

At one point, an officer pointed what seemed to be a modified AR-15 at the faces of counterprotesters, none of whom appeared to be armed.

The lead officer in the arrests said the counterprotesters were breaking a state law regarding masks, likely referring to a seldom-enforced 1951 law originally aimed at combating hooded Ku Klux Klan members. Anti-fascist protesters ― many belonging to chapters of antifa groups, known for sometimes violently confronting white supremacists ― often wear masks to avoid being identified by both law enforcement and neo-Nazis.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/georgia-neo-nazi-rally-police-militarized-arrests_us_5adbf0f6e4b075b631e65f49

• Like 1

AcclaimedPleasingAntelopegroundsquirrel-

Fascist? Fascist? We ain’t got no Fascists! We don’t need no Fascists! I don’t have to show you any stinking Fascists!”

Get on with opinions about Dune or coffee or how shitty California is or IBTL

Fascist? Fascist? We ain’t got no Fascists! We don’t need no Fascists! I don’t have to show you any stinking Fascists!”

Have an Espresso and Chill

hipster-coffee.jpg

• Like 1

This so fucking much!

I've not made any money in California since 2015, I've had to pay taxes in California both for 2016 and 2017 because my wife and I file joint federal. 

The damn FTB calculates the taxes owed based on your federal income and then uses a modifier of time in California (not lived, just any physical time) to calculate the % owed (I'm glossing over some of the details slightly). This causes it to grossly overestimate the tax owed.

For example, my wife only worked 3 months in California in 2017, and had no changes to here withholding or pay rate for those 3 months. Due to the way they calculate things we ended up owing them $500 dollars! In years past this would have been a refund.

So fuck those crooks!

• Like 2

Why don't you let us talk about what WE want to talk about in at least one thread?, What is your problem?, Don't like it, don't read it!, censorship at its finest, one thread won't be the end of your Utopia, Mike.

Don't have a "General Discussion" if there really isn't one, just a thought.

• Like 2

Um,prop 13 benefits homeowners and can really fuck the state.What annual raping ?

This is my opinion about how shitty California's Prop 13 is.

#DatsunDatsunBoomdiggity.Veil 

Was beneficial back in 1979 when property values were very low due to crazy high interest rates. Back then my folk's home was worth maybe $50K. 1% property tax was $500. When mortgage interest rates fell from 17% to 3% property values went nuts. When they sold the house, the state reassessed it at $1.2 mil. That's $12K a year in state property tax. And once a home is sold after 79, the state can reassess your property value every year. All that money is supposed to go to schools, yet California (6th largest economy on the planet) schools rank 35th in the nation spending $9,417 per pupil. Shit even Mississippi spends $9,885 per pupil. Vermont, $20,795 per pupil, New York $18,665,

Now, is that annual rape,, or am I just #butthurt 

• Like 1

This is my opinion about how shitty California's Prop 13 is.

#DatsunDatsunBoomdiggity.Veil 

Was beneficial back in 1979 when property values were very low due to crazy high interest rates. Back then my folk's home was worth maybe $50K. 1% property tax was $500. When mortgage interest rates fell from 17% to 3% property values went nuts. When they sold the house, the state reassessed it at $1.2 mil. That's $12K a year in state property tax. And once a home is sold after 79, the state can reassess your property value every year. All that money is supposed to go to schools, yet California (6th largest economy on the planet) schools rank 35th in the nation spending $9,417 per pupil. Shit even Mississippi spends $9,885 per pupil. Vermont, $20,795 per pupil, New York $18,665,

Now, is that annual rape,, or am I just #butthurt 

The state DOES NOT reassess every year.They increase the property tax 1-1.5% depending on where you live.That's not a reassessment.The benefit of prop 13 is this,you pay a million bucks for a house,property values tank somewhat and now your house is valued at $750,000.You can have it re-appraised and your property tax goes down to $750,000 but then can only go up 1.5% after that.If the state were reassessing every year i would be paying property taxes on $500,000,i'm not.I'm paying property taxes on i think its right about $190,000.I paid $115,000 30 years ago.If that million dollar home went up in value to 1.5 million you still pay tax based on purchase price plus the annual increase.I will say that's about the only thing this state has done to help its residents.I'll stop there so i don't butthurt someone that will remain nameless.

• Like 1

"the state can reassess your property value every year."

The Cali Franchise Tax Board has reassessed my home 5 times in 14 years. It was reassessed based on comparable property sales prices in the immediate area. In 08 when property values fell, so did the state's assessment of my property and I paid less tax accordingly. 

https://www.boe.ca.gov/proptaxes/faqs/changeinownership.htm

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/19/opinion-how-california-voters-can-update-improve-prop-13/

"the state can reassess your property value every year."

The Cali Franchise Tax Board has reassessed my home 5 times in 14 years. It was reassessed based on comparable property sales prices in the immediate area. In 08 when property values fell, so did the state's assessment of my property and I paid less tax accordingly.

https://www.boe.ca.gov/proptaxes/faqs/changeinownership.htm

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/19/opinion-how-california-voters-can-update-improve-prop-13/

That's because you live in a sanctuary and have bent over and offered yourself to the state. We do the same thing here, but I don't own a house.
  • Like 1

Why don't you let us talk about what WE want to talk about in at least one thread?, What is your problem?, Don't like it, don't read it!, censorship at its finest, one thread won't be the end of your Utopia, Mike.

Don't have a "General Discussion" if there really isn't one, just a thought.

Someone thinks he has to stick his nose into every post, even though his opinions are not important because he is not an American.

• Like 1