• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 datsunfreak

datsunfreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,673 posts
  • Cars:'73 1200 Coupe, '77 280Z

Posted Yesterday, 12:09 PM

What is the max hp dual outlaws would support?

I'd wager 150-175hp each max. It's really more about volume. The LS flows well enough that even with two it will be struggling to breathe a little. 

Although Weber claims one 38/38 is capable of flowing 390cfm, I'm not sure that sounds plausible. If they are correct, 780cfm should be enough...

It's your car, just don't ruin it.

This seems like an elaborate ploy to get me to say "I like the D".

#22 loudandgreen

loudandgreen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cars:projects

Posted Yesterday, 02:12 PM

Thanks, years ago i had a 390 autolite (i think) on either a z24 or the vg30....can't remember but it was a great size carb from what i remember. If i can get that same peppy power out of that LS with the 2 outlaws then i think that would do me good for a little while...

I'm going to push for the outlaws as hard as i can but....we will see

Now I'm remembering about the 390 autolite...i don't think i seen one of those since i had mine but i did have to dig through a mans junk yard to find that one. The owner looked at me kinda weird because i was so damned happy to find it lol

#23 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 71,691 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted Yesterday, 04:04 PM

Run a six pack. Run the center one for mileage and have the others come in at 3/4.

Posted Image

#24 datsunfreak

datsunfreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,673 posts
  • Cars:'73 1200 Coupe, '77 280Z

Posted Yesterday, 05:48 PM

Now I'm remembering about the 390 autolite...i don't think i seen one of those since i had mine but i did have to dig through a mans junk yard to find that one. 

Pretty sure that's a copy of a Weber 38/38 isn't it? Or do you mean the 2bbl Holley knockoff? 

It's your car, just don't ruin it.

This seems like an elaborate ploy to get me to say "I like the D".

#25 loudandgreen

loudandgreen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cars:projects

Posted Today, 04:42 AM

I think you're thinking of the holley 5200 series carbs that were the 32/36 webers licensed by holley that were used on vehicles like the ford pinto and lots of others if i remember correctly

The autolite carbs turned motorcraft or something moto-. I welcome correction on that if any.