So what's YOUR take on it?

Value... WTF dose that mean really? For me, wrenching on a dime is priceless, back in the day as it is now. As a kid I caught a ton of shit for driving a Datsun, because it wasn't a 2 ton American V8 thunder sled, or just a poor man's BMW. For decades Datsun was slapping the shit out of European and American cars. So now finally they're being recognized?  :fu:  I'm not in the market to buy or sell, so personally I couldn't gives a shit how others "value" classic Japanese cars.

As for the TV show, every car or motorcycle program on Velocity is a bit of a bro soap opera with more engineered drama than info about building cars. JDM Legends appears to be more of the same, only Japanese. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching last nights episode, and falling asleep, I have concluded that this show is not that great and slightly over hyped. 

Watching a couple of guys change fuel filters and replacing parts with the same part they used on the first build is quite dumb. ZG style flares and watanabes, wow 

• Like 2

Personally I enjoyed looking at the cars, but the work they show on TV...........really?  Light check on a 411? Painted flares and spoiler that the body man did?  Removing a cluster and installing some gauges?  And they got paid $120 per hour to do that???  All of that work I can do myself.  I personally think they got to where they are at because of connections in Japan and importing desired cars....the work doesn't look crazy difficult but good for them.

I will watch because I love looking at the cars.......extremely boring show though.

"Cops seize $130,000 Nissan Skyline GT-R at car show and the story is wild"

(seems some Japanese car importers were involved & ownership is being questioned...)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/cops-seize-dollar130000-nissan-skyline-gt-r-at-car-show-and-the-story-is-wild/ar-AAwoxv9?li=BBnb7Kz

Well, Hector got a shout out on the show for selling his repop emblems to JDM Legends.

Congrat$ Hector..."out in California"

(Your emblems are very well done btw)

As far as the show itself...meh. Mostly disappointing & same stale template as the rest.