1980 210 front caliper upgrade

boricua168

1 have a 1980 210 that I'm trying to upgrade the front caliper. i ended up getting a 1977 280z strut with a 1988 Toyota caliper that lines up well and universal strut camber plate. my tire sticks out a little. is there a way to move to tire in more ? or to i have to get adjustable control arm and adjustable tension rod ? i tried to find the 280zx i cant find any here in Florida and i have checked all the way to Texas.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 have a 1980 210 that I'm trying to upgrade the front caliper. i ended up getting a 1977 280z strut with a 1988 Toyota caliper that lines up well and universal strut camber plate. my tire sticks out a little. is there a way to move to tire in more ? or to i have to get adjustable control arm and adjustable tension rod ? i tried to find the 280zx i cant find any here in Florida and i have checked all the way to Texas.

The early '80s Toyota, up to '85, 4x4 4 piston caliper is a perfect swap onto a S30 z car strut.

A '77 280z rotor will be a one piece 'dinner plate'. The '86 and up Toyota 4x4 front caliper  (is this the caliper you mean???) is gigantic, and made for a much wider vented rotor. It's also incredibly heavy.