• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Good news bad news post..

Good news: Got the tires mounted and installed. I had to grind about 1mm off the front calipers to get them to clear. No big deal!

20180525_194110.jpg

20180526_111037.jpg

Bad news: 

While I was letting the jack down, it slipped off the crossmember, hit the oil pan (dented it, but not leaking), motor mount broke or was broken, then pushed the air cleaner into the hood. Put a nice little dent in the hood. I hammered it out and bent the hood back into shape.. not a great moment.
20180525_194125.jpg
20180525_194130.jpg

20180525_194136.jpg
  • Like 3

The wheels are pretty beat, but they were priced right which is good cause I just needed to put tires on something to get this thing on the road. It drives nice!

I have two motor mounts on the way from RockAuto. I'll ignore the dent until the 510 body work is done.. it's not all that bad after the hammer and dolly work.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

This is kind of been on hold but still collecting parts. I pulled the trigger on some rear quarter window seals using datsunfreaks suggestion. This should be here next week.

I might get a few small things done this weekend, we'll see. My tentative plan is to pull the a14 and 5 speed from a donor B310 and stash it away for a bit until I have time/motivation to install in this.. Most of my time has been going to the bodywork on my dime. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Mattndew76 said:

I have a factory manifold with injector bungs. Want it? Adapter plate for a Throttle body too.

It can be setup to look like a Carburetor setup.

Hmm.. what do you want for it? Efi would be nice but I'm not sure when I'd get to it. 

Bought this month's ago. Finally had time to go pull it. 60L 5 speed.

I pulled the motor too. Will check it over and buy it as a spare a14. 

Can I use a b310 drive shaft for this swap if I replace swap the drive shaft flange with the h145 flange?

20180714_201223.jpg

Edited by Draker
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, Draker said:

Can I use a b310 drive shaft for this swap if I replace swap the drive shaft flange with the h145 flange?

Will probably have to shorten it? And with non-serviceable joints, that may be tough...

I do have the stock manual trans 1200 driveshaft from my car in decent shape if you want it? Should work with that trans...

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 1

Upgrade to a H150 center instead and you can use the driveshaft AND get a stronger rearend to live behind the A14. Doug has the adapter spacer.

Alternatively, you can machine up a flange adapter on a lathe, made one about 20+ years ago. Later driveshafts are slightly shorter for the longer nose on the h150.

Edited by Dguy210
1 minute ago, Dguy210 said:

Upgrade to a H150 center instead and you can use the driveshaft AND get a stronger rearend to live behind the A14. Doug has the adapter spacer.

I could do that, but would I have to modify the shaft? I really don't want to do that. I'll pull the carrier though, for safe keepings.

53 minutes ago, datsunfreak said:

FWIW, we've put B210 axles in a dozen 1200s and never changed the driveshaft. 

How? 1974 axles have the same flange but 75-78 are different than 1200. 

I used to use B210 driveshafts in the 1200 as they were easier to get, had to have an adapter.

Edited by Dguy210