Converting to rear disc

vdubbles24

Spiff,

If you mount the calipers towards the front, the stock cables will reach. I’m working on a new bracket at the caliper to line the cable up better. You’ll need a clamp on Clevis on the cable to attach to the lever arm.

Thanks! Will try that first!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will g35 rear disc brskes fit on 1974 620 with custom bracket has anybody done it before?

Probably not. G/Z have e-brake shoes inside the rotor hub area. No way to retain the e-brake and make it work.

Could a bracket be made to mount a caliper and use the normal disc function? Sure. But why? That mousetrap has already been invented.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I got my Isuzu rear discs to work with the 620 Ebrake handle. Its in my thread.

I bought the Isuzu cables for the calipers and cut and joined them to the 620 cable from the ebrake handle after it splits into a Y. I used cable clamps from Home Depot (I/8" IIRC) to join the cables. I had to bend the Isuzu ebrake levers a little bit to clear, but it works fine.

• Like 2

On my 620, I'm using the Wilwood parking brake caliper on adapters that I made. I'm running Isuzu discs and stock 620 parking brake cables with a new end fitting. 

Unfortunately, most of the adapters on the market don't work on slammed trucks - and especially not with frame notches. My caliper is forward and down (about 7:30 when looking at the left-hand side. 

• Like 1
On 9/12/2018 at 10:16 AM, 2wheel-lee said:

On my 620, I'm using the Wilwood parking brake caliper on adapters that I made. I'm running Isuzu discs and stock 620 parking brake cables with a new end fitting. 

Unfortunately, most of the adapters on the market don't work on slammed trucks - and especially not with frame notches. My caliper is forward and down (about 7:30 when looking at the left-hand side. 

Yes Lee, it is tight. I’ve had to do the same thing on the last two installs i did. 

Btw, i have come up with a solution for connecting the stock cable. I’ll be doing a review of the info soon. I’m in the process of moving into a new house atm. 

• Like 2