A10 instrument cluster in a B310

afracer

I swear I've read somewhere that an A10/510 instrument cluster would drop into a B310. Is this accurate? They look eerily similar and almost everything else seems to swap around. I'm sure a little rewiring might be in order, don't care about that.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear I've read somewhere that an A10/510 instrument cluster would drop into a B310. Is this accurate? They look eerily similar and almost everything else seems to swap around. I'm sure a little rewiring might be in order, don't care about that.

I did this once on a B310 to gain a stock tach. As I recall the only necessary rewiring involved the tach addition. It was fairly straightforward as long as you're getting your donor from the same year. 

• Like 1

So basically I bought and installed a jdm b310 instrument cluster in my car before I knew any of this and the fuel gauge doesn't work and its not the same as any US model. I got a spare cluster and its fuel gauge also doesn't work which made me wonder if the jdm Sunny had a different sender, which is very non-Nissan like. It sucks cause I love everything else about it; digital clock, oil pressure gauge, tach, 160 kph speedo, but without a fuel gauge its a no from me. So I'm looking at other options like putting a tach in the old cluster or swapping to the A10 cluster.

So basically I bought and installed a jdm b310 instrument cluster in my car before I knew any of this and the fuel gauge doesn't work and its not the same as any US model. I got a spare cluster and its fuel gauge also doesn't work which made me wonder if the jdm Sunny had a different sender, which is very non-Nissan like.

Have you tested the gauge and the sender separately? 

• 1 month later...

I just used the stock b310 coupe tacho dash. Works perfectly with a L series in the b310

Is yours the early style with round gauges, or the later style with one big cluster? And stock B310 tachos are very uncommon here in the states. I don't think any of our cars came stock with them...

• 1 month later...

I've found a few B310s with stock tachs. I've sold a few. I'm hording one now. More common in hatchbacks if you find one in the boneyard and these generally come with a clock. Once in a while you'll find them in wagons but I've generally found them in hatchbacks. I don't believe I've ever seen one in a round eye B310 tho.

90GYD8m.jpg

I've found a few B310s with stock tachs. I've sold a few. I'm hording one now. More common in hatchbacks if you find one in the boneyard and these generally come with a clock. Once in a while you'll find them in wagons but I've generally found them in hatchbacks. I don't believe I've ever seen one in a round eye B310 tho.

Most (if not all?) hatchbacks in the states were GL models, so they got all the options.   :thumbup:

I've seen a handful of GL wagons too. Not very many 4drs, and never seen a GL 2dr. Datsun loved making the 2dr the base model with the least number of options for some reason...

Looks just like mine... close to the same miles...

I need to go check on my hatch

One weird thing on my hatch is the rear window has the nozzle for washer fluid to spray however there was never to my knowledge a wiper blade or arm and motor at all

Weird option

One weird thing on my hatch is the rear window has the nozzle for washer fluid to spray however there was never to my knowledge a wiper blade or arm and motor at all

Weird option

I've owned 3 so far, two had rear wipers. Very weird it would have the nozzle without it...   :rofl: