z-race cars

A long time ago (1971), in a land far away (Gerogia), When I was but a wee

Jedi (ratsun member in training), my father took me to Road Atlanta. He got me up very early and we drive the 35 miles or so to the track and arrived before the gates even opened. After waiting for a while, we went in. I wanted to go and see all of the race cars in the paddock area. Dad however, had another idea (turns out it was a good one). We walked part of the way up the hill toward the bridge and over to the fence as close as we could overlooking the track. After waiting for what seemed like eternity, Dad yelled at me to quit playing in the dirt and look toward the bridge where the the track runs. I started to hear the beautiful sound of loud engines whailing on the straight before the bridge. The track dips down then uphill under the bridge while turning to the right and hard on the gas. Third gear, 5000-6000 RPM, blairing by me (open headers in those days), I was hooked. I hade to have one of those 240z race cars. Fast foward to 2003: I got the race car I always wanted!!! Sounds even better from inside too!!!!! The long and short of the story: DO NOT LEFT LIFE PASS YOU BY!!! Build it and enjoey it! Darrel

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of racecars... I was driving through portland on my way to the airport after canby and I noticed them taking down all the Racecar stuff from that weekend, Champ cars or something like that.. WTF I didnt even know about it.. Oh well next year...

Good to hear from another race fan!

I spent an entire year watching every, and I mean EVERY, race that was telecast...

It didn't matter if it was Super Trucks, ARCA, IRL, Iroc, F1, Busch, Winston Cup, Sprints, I watched every race either live or recorded...

I ended up buying 3 more VCR's to record everything~...

fast forward 10 years or so and I catch a race every now and then...

haveing more fun BBQing and tinkering with my trucks...

Darrel when is you next local race? I would love to go and watch :D Maybe one day I can enjoy the engine sound from inside the car :)

P.S My dad took me fishing......

Dad used to take me fishing. After seeing the cars at the track, I stopped fishing!! Like the fish were scared anyway: never really caught but a few!!

As far as the next race, I will have to check the schedule. For race junkies out there, check the IRDC schedule. We use SCCA rules, bet we are the poor boys of the sport! Have fun,

Darrel

--I will post some old 510 stories as well. Have MANY.:D

Dad used to take me fishing. After seeing the cars at the track, I stopped fishing!! Like the fish were scared anyway: never really caught but a few!!

As far as the next race, I will have to check the schedule. For race junkies out there, check the IRDC schedule. We use SCCA rules, bet we are the poor boys of the sport! Have fun,

Darrel

--I will post some old 510 stories as well. Have MANY.:D

I stopped fishing to but thats just because I got board :D You just post up the next race a few days in advance and I will go :)