Quality Ka24e water pump?

bottomwatcher

My waterpump is leaking from its weep hole so time for a new one. I don't mind paying for a quality pump just want to make sure I get a good one. Many of the bigger names end up with the made in China stamp on them and I want to avoid that. Rock auto has a hitatchi pump that will for $51 end up on my doorstep. Any flaps carry a good brand so I can have instant gratification rather than waiting on the mail? Thanks for your time.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um...buy a Nissan pump?

People never think of the dealer anymore. Although, I did just buy a brand new PS pump from GM and it had a "made in China" sticker on it.

Factory is about $80 so 1/2 to 2/3 that would be about right for a good one.

It is tough to apply that rule anymore. Even on Rock Auto, out of the five or so parts listed, I bet three of them come from the same supplier, in different packaging, with different prices.

The only two ways to be sure when buying parts these days is either from personal experience or by using OEM parts. It doesn't hurt to open the box and look at the part either, of course this only applies when you're at the parts counter.

People never think of the dealer anymore. Although, I did just buy a brand new PS pump from GM and it had a "made in China" sticker on it.

It is tough to apply that rule anymore. Even on Rock Auto, out of the five or so parts listed, I bet three of them come from the same supplier, in different packaging, with different prices.

The only two ways to be sure when buying parts these days is either from personal experience or by using OEM parts. It doesn't hurt to open the box and look at the part either, of course this only applies when you're at the parts counter.

I look for OEM parts suppliers where possible. Not always easy to do.. but when you can find it, you can generally save a good amount of money.

Well thanks Drake I ordered the part on amazon. Let me rant on the dealer, this was many years ago so I might have issues holding on to this but they pissed me off so bad I swore never to go back. My Mom took her stanza in for the recomended timing belt change. They recommended that she have a new waterpump installed at the same time. A good idea actually, but they billed her for a timing belt change and then billed her for a waterpump change as if they were stand alone repairs. I have no issue paying the extra 1/2 hour shop time it would take since the timing cover came off anyway but to bill the woman hundreds more and showing her that is what it costs in their book is so fucked up. This goes on every day. They are fucking scum! Way of topic but my post! Anyways I will calm down now, thanks again for the link.

• Like 1

Well thanks Drake I ordered the part on amazon. Let me rant on the dealer, this was many years ago so I might have issues holding on to this but they pissed me off so bad I swore never to go back. My Mom took her stanza in for the recomended timing belt change. They recommended that she have a new waterpump installed at the same time. A good idea actually, but they billed her for a timing belt change and then billed her for a waterpump change as if they were stand alone repairs. I have no issue paying the extra 1/2 hour shop time it would take since the timing cover came off anyway but to bill the woman hundreds more and showing her that is what it costs in their book is so fucked up. This goes on every day. They are fucking scum! Way of topic but my post! Anyways I will calm down now, thanks again for the link.

Doctors and lawyers double bill. Why can't mechanics?

Oh yeah, because it's wrong.

• Like 1