square headlight to round headlight

PercyTheAce

So I wrecked the front end of my 81 and I'm able to straighten the frame out but the only parts car close by for panels and a hood is a 79 210 round headlight. I was wondering if you are able to just take the panels and swap them or if the frame underneath is slightly different. I'm looking to replace the hood, bumpers, headlight buckets, front fenders, and grill.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems like it would be a real bitchkitty to do.  The buckets on the square type lool like they have 4 "legs" that mount them to the core support and is seems that the round buckets lay farther back into the core support.

Then again, I am a 1200 guy and don't know a whole lot about 210's.

I have a whole front end off of a 81 ,,,,,,,,,, except the most important part,,, the head light buckets..

I gave them to a numbskull that used them to make a 210 with a wall of headlights for logging roads driving..  :rofl:

That seems like it would be a real bitchkitty to do.  The buckets on the square type lool like they have 4 "legs" that mount them to the core support and is seems that the round buckets lay farther back into the core support.

Then again, I am a 1200 guy and don't know a whole lot about 210's.

I mean worse case scenario I could fab up a way to attach the round headlight ones in. I mainly just want to know if it's a bolt on conversion, no fab required.

Pretty sure it's an easy swap, you'll just need fenders, grill, etc. Don't know about a hood. I've seen the discussion somewhere.

To make it a "bolt in" you need:

Hood

Wiper cowl

Fenders 

Grill 

Headlight buckets

Lower valence

Basically everything from the windshield forward except the bumper. 

I have a whole front end off of a 81 ,,,,,,,,,, except the most important part,,, the head light buckets..

I think I have some? 

I've had both years side by side and they seem to be indentical under all the sheet metal. 

• Like 1

I think the cowls are the same.

The wiper cowls are not the same, if that's what you mean. The hood (as well as wiper cowl) have creases in different spots. 

Look at the wiper cowl/hood on the '79: http://tecjapan.biz/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/1979-datsun-210-beautiful-1979-datsun-140y-by-the-transport-guild-on-deviantart-of-1979-datsun-210.jpg

Versus the '80+ wiper cowl/hood: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qia3_kU7yaI/maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1