Found random 219 head in my stash. Worth saving?

Oliver

I was thinking about a couple sss carbs i had then it dawned on me that they came attached to a head about 20 years back. Went to the shelf and pulled down the head and it turns out to be a 219. LOL  Has some really cool old hitachi spark plugs.  Its got some gnarly pitting around the exhaust ports and one pretty beat up exhaust valve.  Don't know what cam it has in it but i measured out the cam at around .425 lift.  Looks like its never been milled as it mic'ed out at just over 108mm.  Here's some pics of it after sitting for a solid 2 decades.

uJkcIMi.jpg?1

ChTuApt.jpg?1

2HXzv01.jpg?1

Wc0zhU1.jpg?1

87cw2VX.jpg?1

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is worth saving, I hope it has not been setting for years on the valve side of the head as it can bend any valve it's resting on.

You will likely get a lot of offers to buy this head, they are hard to find and it is expensive to make one out of an A87 or a W53 head.

219 was the early SSS head, may have A-87 on the side and 219 on the front. As I heard it, the 912 was a re-issued head because all the originals were highly sought after and bought up for racing. Nissan saw the need and made a later production run but reversed the numbers.

On my tablet now and can zoom in on head,,, that number 3 exhaust valve and seat looks seriously fucked up. The upper part of chamber looks like something bounced around in there too

That's a head worth a little weld time and new exhaust seats and valves.  Being a closed chamber, its the easiest way to make good compression.  Most heads were open chamber.  

• Like 2