Vintage Audio Equipment

Looking for recommendations on where to sell large amount of vintage audio gear and audio test gear.  A little background, I was, during my working life in the audio business (25+ years).   Because of this, I have a large amount of old school audio stuff that I need to start getting rid of.  With a recent dead in the family( wife's sister's husband) my wife is wanting me to start getting rid of stuff so that she doesn't have too,( at least she isn't pushing me to sell the Datsun's). Most of the stuff is higher end, at least it was back in the day.

I was thinking about Ebay, but I don't know if that's the best way. Maybe there is other avenues that I am not aware of.  Any input would be appreciated.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a guy,, character really,, that sells and does very well on Ebay BUT he also is a member ( is that the right word) of a million groups on facebook and posts a link to Ebay ad in the appropriate page to send people to his auction. 

I am personally scared of Ebay since all transactions go through a third party banking system and afraid of anyone knowing of any unreported income.. Although the Ebay terms seem to say nothing is reported under $20,000. a year.. 

I hate to say it,but eBay is probably the best place to get top dollar.

I have a Pioneer SX 1280 receiver (65 lbs.!) that are going for stupid prices

right now.

I'm tempted to sell mine,but would have a hard time parting with.

right now.

Good lord you weren't kidding!

right now.

I worked for a Pioneer dealer in the 70's ( when the HiFi business was a blast to be in) and later I was a Pioneer authorized warranty station, so I am very familiar with the SX-1280. When the SX-1250( previous top of the line model) came out that was the start of the wattage wars between the manufactures ( kind of like the HP wars in cars)  Back in those days Pioneer made some good stuff, it didn't turn too shit until they came out with the gray/gold face models ie, Ct-9r.  IMHO, after that Pioneer went down hill.