A disturbing new trend that really needs to stop. Like now.

Ditch those ugly lumps of cast iron

ranting about how the stock manifolds are the best thing since sliced bread.

I bought a long tube for the same price as a couple of those dumb manifold gaskets that almost always leak. cause ya know, datsun...

Unless you look you can't see what's under the carbs.

Only reason I'd change is weight.

My Nissan gaskets haven't leaked, others usually due to warped shitty headers.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tire paint! Tires that look wet and shiny. God I hate that look. Clean and black is the natural look. None of that spray on shit, anyone can pull a trigger and it looks like it. Naturally it takes a lot of work to look just right, bristly brush and SOS pads and lots of water.

The last time I used an SOS pad on tires was early 1980 something.....for the white walls on my 1964 Oldsmobile Jetstar.

Dammit Mike, yer makin' me feel old.

Most tires today are just black, but my '70 Dart came with raised white letter Goodyear Pollyglass E-70-14.  'Pollyglass' (pollyester?) cords were the latest high tech tires on the road at the time. Before that thin white walls replaced the 40s and 50s wide white sidewall of our father's cars. 

Something like this but not synthetic crap and not wire. Has to be stiff and rough.

floor-cleaning-maintenance-brushes-misce

Tire paint! Tires that look wet and shiny. God I hate that look. Clean and black is the natural look. None of that spray on shit, anyone can pull a trigger and it looks like it. Naturally it takes a lot of work to look just right, bristly brush and SOS pads and lots of water.

Tire spray works so much faster when picking up a slim (with a few tatto’s) brunette with red in her hair.... lol

But yeah , I get it...

DRUG

A disturbing use of this word as a past tense for drag (racing). If you had a drag race with someone you didn't 'drug' him FFS.

You drag raced him maybe.

You had a drag race with him.

You might get away with saying "I dragged him" but it's awkward at best.

You did not ever 'drug him' unless you were high as fuck.

• Like 1

I used to get irritated back in the 90s when people used to ask what brand my “scurfboard” was.

Answer: It’s a Hyperlite O’Brien Perez signature series WAKEBOARD...asshole.

Sorry but that one used to fry my ass.

• Like 1

Technically, the rim is the outer part of the wheel only (dating from steel wheel days and multi-piece wheels, not cast).  You add the disc to the rim and you get a wheel assembly.  When you add a tire, then you have a tire and wheel assembly.  That is the terminology used throughout the industry.

Yes, I get that colloquially we may say "I took the wheel off the car" or "take off the tires", but the wheel and tire together is not correctly referred to as just the wheel.

In the early hot rod days, wheels were widened by welding a wider rim to the original wheel disc to get wider wheels.

Rim... The round metal thing that the tire is mounted onto that bolts to the axle.

Tire... The round rubber thing that mounts onto the rim. 

Wheel..... a tire mounted on a rim is called a WHEEL.

• Like 1

Technically, the rim is the outer part of the wheel only (dating from steel wheel days and multi-piece wheels, not cast).  You add the disc to the rim and you get a wheel assembly.  When you add a tire, then you have a tire and wheel assembly.  That is the terminology used throughout the industry.

Yes, I get that colloquially we may say "I took the wheel off the car" or "take off the tires", but the wheel and tire together is not correctly referred to as just the wheel.

In the early hot rod days, wheels were widened by welding a wider rim to the original wheel disc to get wider wheels.

..... agreed. I'll probably still call a wheel a tire on a rim.

Not really a trend, just commonplace upbringing.

Learn the difference between they're, there, and their.

We're all adults, aren't we? Spell like we are, FFS.

Lol.

Still working on lose and loose. Lose is what happens when there is a missing o in loose