Bumper thread

Macklen

So, the stock bumpers on my 85 720 4x4 are trash and I wanna replace them, but I'm not going stock, I'm rather going Mad Max. Got plenty of spare metal lying around and I thought I'd try something ratty. Need ideas... post pictures of your DIY rat bumpers for Datsun pups. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No pictures, unless I dig through a very large box of old actual 35mm stuff from way back, but I had made a custom rear for my 720, that consisted of 2) 2.5" heavy wall steel tubes, not tail pipe crap.

They were separated by about 1.5".

Had a caddy tail end me once in a parking lot.

Didn't hurt the bumper, other than leaving a little caddy paint on it, but the caddy had major damage.

Brackets were cut from 1/4" steel plate.

• Like 1

So, the stock bumpers on my 85 720 4x4 are trash and I wanna replace them, but I'm not going stock, I'm rather going Mad Max. Got plenty of spare metal lying around and I thought I'd try something ratty. Need ideas... post pictures of your DIY rat bumpers for Datsun pups. Cheers!

Lacking any idea as to your location [very imperfect location section of sign in info] my free Austrain style  koo basher with off road twin lights isn't goining to to you any good.  That's the short stick of not following the common sense rules of identifying your location!