'81 720 Wheel center caps

I have stock steel wheels on a 1981 720 King Cab.  Absolutely no luck finding a center cap that will fit this truck.  Nothing offered on Ebay that actually fits.  What they do have is mislabeled for a 720 and are the larger caps for the D21s.  The big problem is finding out how aftermarket center caps are measured.  Does anyone know if they are designated by the actual hole size in the rim they fit in or through?  Has anyone had any luck finding a  source for these caps?  Will caps from another Datsun model cross over?  Thanks for any advice.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what little help I can offer.....

My catalog lists 13 choices and is somewhat confusing, but I narrowed it down as best as I could.

07/80-10/82 KC 2WD DX black...but it also applies to 4WD

40342-01W10

07/80-10/82 2WD MT 4SPD L20B SILVER almost applies but not quite.

40342-03W10

01/81-12/82 T.REG 2WD DX MT 5SPD BLACK almost applies but not KC.

40343-07W00

The first one would be the one I would suggest. If these are still available from Nissan, I can niether confirm nor deny.  You would have to call your local Nissan dealer.

I am guessing that you have none of them at all, but if you do they usually stamped the part # inside the cap.  Another thing to note is that I thought the front ones on 4WD models were open for access to the 4WD hub so it seems strange that a part # would apply to both 2WD and 4WD.

Crap, looks like I didn't help at all, just made it worse. 

• Like 2
  Another thing to note is that I thought the front ones on 4WD models were open for access to the 4WD hub so it seems strange that a part # would apply to both 2WD and 4WD.

4X4 only had center caps on the rear wheels, I believe.  Fronts the hubs just stick through with no center cap, since it contains the hub lock.  I know on my Pathfinder the hubcaps are different front to rear.

• Like 1

Sorry guys...... I've been out of pocket for a bit. I have none of the original center caps but I have actually seen them in person on another truck. Ebay has like two listings with original caps when I search. They only have one cap each. I guess I was hoping someone knew if a cap from another Datsun model would fit. I've given up trying to stay stock for now. That being said it is insane trying to find out how manufacturers actually apply their dimensions to aftermarket caps. I talked to the guy at Summit and he is actually going to have one of the stock pickers go out and measure some caps to see if he can find me one that fits. Highly recommend Summit for cust. service. Those guys have ways treated me right.