510 Front Sump anti-sway bar

reza

Post a pic of the car sitting on the ground some people referencing this thread know what the ride height is.  

JUST finished installing one of Futofab's CA/SR front sump sway bars (haven't even washed my hands yet!!), and it is killer!  Yes, I had to shave off one little corner of the U bracket to clear the subframe, ground a "flat" on one side of the flat washers so they would snug up closer to the inside/narrowest part of the mounting holes, AND we used the allen head cap bolts as suggested above ^^.  The bolt holes were a hair too far spread apart once pushed over the urethane mounting bushing, so I installed the REAR bolt first, then gave the front edge of the bracket a good hard whack to pinch it closed a l'il more, and then installed the FRONT bolts.  These same MINOR fitment issues have been around since the big sway bars of the 70's-80's, had the same MINOR fitment issues years ago with an ADDCO sway bar on my MG, and it just doesn't make monetary sense for the sway bar manufacturers to design & manufacture a different bracket for the classic import cars.  Since this car is NOT slammed in the weeds, we have absolutely no clearance issues with the tension rods......about an inch apart.  Can't wait for some Rocky Mountain road carving & track day use!!  :thumbup:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank you guys for the constructive feedback.

As yenpit points out the larger diameter bar makes it tough to install mounting brackets because of the narrow bolt spacing on the chassis.

What we have done for future sales (based on this feedback) is include allen socket head bolts with clipped washers for the chassis mounting brackets.

EastBay521, your bars shipped out last week and they have the new chassis mounting hardware included. 

• Like 3

See.....Dave CARES about customer service, there are many that don't in THIS Datsun market, and of course many other markets!!   :thumbup:

Found a 1200 race car for sale locally Dave, calling you now for advice!!  :w00t:

• Like 1

I want to thank you guys for the constructive feedback.

As yenpit points out the larger diameter bar makes it tough to install mounting brackets because of the narrow bolt spacing on the chassis.

What we have done for future sales (based on this feedback) is include allen socket head bolts with clipped washers for the chassis mounting brackets.

EastBay521, your bars shipped out last week and they have the new chassis mounting hardware included.

Awesome! I’m super excited I can’t wait, I keep checking the tracking number even though I know it isn’t supposed to show up until Wednesday.

Here we are with the 1'' bump steer spacer installed and stock TC rod. I am still going to relocate the TC rod to the bottom of the control arm, I think they will still make contact. gotta pay the price if you want to tuck tire.  For reference here are some pictures. 

20180305_141448_1.jpg
20180305_141328.jpg
20180305_141322_1.jpg

I've been watching this thread with interest which led me to crawl the internet. Which led me to drifting part/modification websites. Drifters modify their TC rods for clearance, why can't you do something similar?

While they do it for more steering angle the same principals apply. You could make a TC rod with a slight bow in it to clear the sway bar or a small bend downward would accomplish the same thing.

Brock

Pics for inspiration.

image.jpg

This but backwards?

2s5zfut.jpg

Or this

5BJ1EPW.png

voodoo13_04.jpg

$_35.JPG

• Like 1