Nostalgic Events

A co-worker of mine has a 94 year old grandfather drag racer, who was given credit in print and online for coining the term "dragster." An old friend of his gave him his antique racing magazine collection of Hot Rod going back to their first editions, and other unique magazines. He pulled out a few for keepsakes and gave the rest to his grand daughter. She pulled out a few and passed them along to me.

They were in terrible condition, had that old paper smell, and made ya itch when they were handled. I had some knee surgery last year that gave me some down time, so I scanned some ads and articles thinking they might be some fun reading to share during the cold non-wrench-turning seasons for those of you not in Sunny CA.  Then I passed them on to the next generation cuz I couldn't stand the smell of them.

Again I'm now recovering from some surgery and have the time to post some for your enjoyment. The old guys can reminisce, and the new guys can get inspired to create their own events. 

https://imgur.com/a/3qkC3

• Like 3
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic