Offset wheel conversion

I was looking at some rims a guy had lying around today they are pretty rad, but they are offset so the tire hits the shock before it can reach the hub. Sorry not sure what the offset is, couldn't see it on the wheel.

I was wondering if there was a way to circumvent this with out changing the suspension to much. Alternatively, I was looking for a set of rally wheels that would fit on stock b210 suspension

• Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could use spacers to shim the rim outward to clear the suspension (not advised) but now it rubs the fender lip on bumps. So you run dorky looking stretched tires or roll the fender ruining it and the car's looks and have to cut it away and run flairs, all the while telling yourself this is what you wanted all along.

Know what will fit right and work before falling in love. Otherwise it's like having a super model girlfriend... looks great at a party, but once home she's a self absorbed, high maintenance, needy cunt. You will never be happy with the fit and your relationship doomed.  

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with using adaptors, or spacers, if you buy quality ones.

All the early Volk Racing Group-C rims came with adaptors anywhere from 10mm thick, to 35mm thick, just so they all their wheels could be drilled with the same pattern, an all the wheel centers could be the same offset.

I've ran with Group-C rims for 15-20 years on a 175mph heavy car (3400 lbs.), and even had it sideways, on-off-on the road a few times.

Just don't buy the cheapest chinesey crap you can find.

And good spacers still maintain the hub centric alignment feature, so the stress isn't just on the wheel studs.

Again. it's all about the quality of what you buy.

Something from Pep Boys isn't.

If you want to do it on the cheap, forget about the wheels.

Oh, and forget about modding the suspension just to fit a cheap wheel deal.

• Like 1