Two 520's that need some TLC

jacobbell69

I bought two 520's in the later part of 2017 because I did not want to see them go to the scraper.

Guy told me they were both 68's, I have the title for the red one and it says 68 but I'm no 520 expert.

The red one has an engine and trans, has a good bed, cab needs some tlc in the floorboards, missing the tailgate, good frame, I have the title for this one, hood is not in very good condition.

The grey one has no hood, no engine or trans, cab needs some tlc in the floorboards, has a good bed, has a rotted frame, has the tailgate, I have no title for this one.

I remember one has a cracked windshield but can't remember which.

Both have sat for many years and the red one has not attempted to be started.

I originally bought these to Frankenstein them together this summer since my 620 project is coming to an end, however I have a 320 coming home soon and need the space and extra cash. If these are not sold by Spring I will part them out to recoup my money out of them. I am asking $1,500 for both. So if you need parts message me and I will get back with you if the trucks are not sold by Spring. I am located in KY and would be willing to ship parts if no one can rescue these, I think these have plenty of potential to live instead of being parted out.

vnhr5jn.jpg

8G7yJhk.jpg

oJ7pfkb.jpg

3Vw1Fjt.jpg

RhGdkkq.jpg

MCHEgbn.jpg

S7SCBgC.jpg

ANvasTE.jpg

Z5auqJa.jpg

giW83Fv.jpg

C6mf0WP.jpg

CclsbB4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Metal dash tops are sought after from the 521 guys.. worth about $200+ each.

I guess you could use the motor our of these for the 320. Maybe you mentioned that already. You are certainly finding some nice Datsun nuggets out your way. 

Have fun with them!

• Like 1

Nice finds.  I can buy rust free ones in AZ for less money.  Best bet would be parting out the grey one.  Sell the red one with the title.  Grey one has 67 grill.  Red has 68 and later grill or center piece is 521 not sure.

Pictures of the gas doors would help Identify the beds.

Nice finds.  I can buy rust free ones in AZ for less money.  Best bet would be parting out the grey one.  Sell the red one with the title.  Grey one has 67 grill.  Red has 68 and later grill or center piece is 521 not sure.

Pictures of the gas doors would help Identify the beds.

Great info! I understand, have a few local guys talking about buying them. They know like I do they're hard to come by around here. The grey one has the bumperette's I know those are expensive. However I'm thinking of keeping them to throw on my 620. Just dunno yet.

Metal dash tops are sought after from the 521 guys.. worth about $200+ each.

I guess you could use the motor our of these for the 320. Maybe you mentioned that already. You are certainly finding some nice Datsun nuggets out your way. 

Have fun with them!

Thanks for the heads up, just saw this comment after I replied to you on my 320 thread lol.

• Like 1

Possible other receiver for parts.  410 or 411 sedans

In a pinch, and with fender body work, the fenders could be a 410 or 411 salvation.  Headlamps and grills could swap over but not authentic.  Front bumpers ?  Maybe.  Doors are too tall so glass, wing windows are no go.  If sound, lower halves of doors might be able to be cut and paste to fit 410 or 411 front doors.

• Like 1

If parting any time soon...dibs on rear bumpers from green/gray/not red truck.

Very last picture shown...that's a 620 steering wheel.

okay, pm me so it's in my messages and when it comes time i'll message you back about them.

i noticed the steering wheel was wrong, what's cool is I need a new steering wheel for my 620 :D 

Possible other receiver for parts.  410 or 411 sedans

In a pinch, and with fender body work, the fenders could be a 410 or 411 salvation.  Headlamps and grills could swap over but not authentic.  Front bumpers ?  Maybe.  Doors are too tall so glass, wing windows are no go.  If sound, lower halves of doors might be able to be cut and paste to fit 410 or 411 front doors.

good to know!!!

Place your ad here... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/15-trucks/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  ... with a link to this topic for the pictures. Anyone have questions or offers contact the owner by private message.

will do!!

• Like 2

I am not trying to bust your balls on the price they are rare every where.  About a year ago I bought a 1967 520 rusty for $100.  I know where some az trucks are.  I can sell the dash top for $200.  so I double my money and have the rest of the truck.  It does have the stock j13 4 speed.  Sold the 4.88 diff punkin for $150.  It was well worth the investment.

The grey one has the bumperette's I know those are expensive. However I'm thinking of keeping them to throw on my 620. Just dunno yet.

The 520 Bumperette Brackets are straight and will not clear your taillights on your 620.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/70806-a-521-in-massachusetts/page-37?do=findComment&comment=1540483

Buy an after market set of bumperetttes from ebay and make Brackets to fit them to your 620.

20180117_171947.jpg

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/70806-a-521-in-massachusetts/page-37?do=findComment&comment=1540710

Sell the stock bumperettes and brackets for more than the after market bumperettes and use extra money on your 320 build.

I am not trying to bust your balls on the price they are rare every where.  About a year ago I bought a 1967 520 rusty for $100.  I know where some az trucks are.  I can sell the dash top for $200.  so I double my money and have the rest of the truck.  It does have the stock j13 4 speed.  Sold the 4.88 diff punkin for $150.  It was well worth the investment.

i understand, i bought two 620 parts truck for $200 a piece. However these are rebuildable, and I have pretty much every bit of $1500 in them. If I can't sell them I will have to part out to get my money back out of them. I knew it wasn't the best deal, but the tow bill was almost the price of the trucks. I also planned on making one run out of two, so cost wasn't really a concern. However since I'm not, I have to at least get my money back out of them. Thanks for the heads up on the bumperette's!

• Like 1