Door ding guards

Aaron Datsun

I recently picked up a 4 door 510. And one side has black rubber trim that runs in the crease along the side of the car from the font fender all the way to the rear fender. I am digging the look with a lighter color car, as well as the door ding protection, but my driver's side does not have one.

Does anyone know where I can buy a full set, front, doors, and rear fender?

Edited: Added pictures. This is held on by double sided tape, no welding to cover required.

39073259584_b0940d5468_z.jpg

39073250684_2f0a52fd08_b.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Merlin's Datsun History.com... http://www.datsunhistory.com/home.html

The 'supersonic line' was originally designed for the 410 and is a nice transition feature into the 510. Like the 'nose' on Pontiac grills or '50s fins. To fill it with a mere bumper strip is sacrilege.   :lol:

• Like 1

All of the side moulding door ding guard stuff during the 60's-70's was dealer added, never factory Datsun.  There were all sorts of styles, some riveted or screwed on, some sticky taped on, but will be limited choice these days, as nowhere near as popular!  The orange 2dr in my shop had the sticky tape style, and the sticky tape glue soaked into the paint over the years, so we can NOT get all of the glue residue off the car.......sucks!  

Try BD Company (www.b-dco.com) here in Denver.  Matching the other side is like a needle in a haystack, so you should count on buying all new, choosing a style & rubber/vinyl insert color!

TJ

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like new old car company out of Australia has new sill moldings.along with a few other hard to find parts. gvQPKmZ.jpg

Those are for door sills. I don’t understand why anyone would willfully destroy the supersonic line, it’s the most iconic line on the entire car.

How bout just put some of thousand nonfunctional portholes on the side of the fenders. Man I wish I would have come up with that idea ( right in there with those spinning rim things) I’d be rich and then could have Tanker oversee all my 510’s restoration ‘s and custom builds of the Goon and the 2 door Sedan that is all apart.