Chrome Interior Trim Refresher

Hey gang! I just wanted to throw up a quick post about this awesome product that I found to freshen up the Chrome trim details on the dash and interior of my Datsun B210. It's called Molotow Liquid Chrome Pen. It was 12 bucks at Hobby Lobby and I know they sell them on the interweb as well, so if you can find it cheaper, do it! This product works like a charm! It truly is a liquid chrome pen. It goes on really smooth, it's super easy to use, and they have several different sizes available. Here's a little video I made for YouTube. Check it out, and see what you think.

• Like 3
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey gang! I just wanted to throw up a quick post about this awesome product that I found to freshen up the Chrome trim details on the dash and interior of my Datsun B210. It's called Molotow Liquid Chrome Pen. It was 12 bucks at Hobby Lobby and I know they sell them on the interweb as well, so if you can find it cheaper, do it! This product works like a charm! It truly is a liquid chrome pen. It goes on really smooth, it's super easy to use, and they have several different sizes available. Here's a little video I made for YouTube. Check it out, and see what you think.

Does it need to be top coated to last more than a week ?

Just bought it, $11 on amazon. 

This just arrived. I tested it out and it's fantastic!! 

WAY better than a silver Sharpie.. which is what I used previously on parts of my interior.. will be applying this once the weather warms up a bit!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I used a silver paint pen from Home Depot , found it in the paint aisle. Clearly not as shiny, but i was able to highlight the "tuning" and other letters. 

Probably give this a try!

vlj3CsE.jpg

Ya, you can do the same with the chrome pen. They have a 1mm size as well for minute detail. I just used a 2mm with a steady hand & did my radio letting as well. Nice job, by the way!

doesnt look any more chromy than a regular silver marker. My guess is you need to clear over otherwise the ink would eventually dissappear.

This is far superior to a silver sharpie, which would wear off in no time & can be removed with rubbing alcohol. No kidding in person it really looks chrome. The finish is nice & thick & very durable. Just be sure to let it fully dry/cure for a few days.

I have as thin strips on my door trim that peeled off, not much left. As it doesn't get much touching it might work well there. Certainly would be easier to put on using a pen

Mike, I'm planning on doing my door stripes too. Just need to be able to let it sit & dry for a few days, but trust me, once this fully cures it's on there for a long time!