Help on phantom grille

KG83napz

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unicorn? Do you know what a phantom grille is? I’m trying to see if anyone knows where I might be able to get a phantom grille for an 1983 720 I hear it’s hard to find but there’s also the ones for the d21 hardbody and I wanted to know has anyone used it or attempted too and if it fits for a 720 how did they install it ? Thank you in advance for any info that is given

• Like 1

You need to go back to 1985 or find an old Mini Truck from that era. I can't see anyone making them today as there is no market for them. E bay may have someone selling their old one. A want ad?  http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-body-and-interior/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc

Look for an '85 4x4 grill and make it fit your '83 720. They are absolutely dead sexy!

94964629d12c25074223dc8045df0e25--nissan

E bay has them in chrome for hundred bux...

s-l225.jpg

• Like 1

Okay so now that you know what it is called and what it looks like and you understand what I’m trying to ask for. Do you have anymore info on what this discussion is about? other than what king rat just said to me, but if not please dismiss yourself from the discussion thank you in advance for your efforts to help a newb

• Like 2

Need.to talk to ol school minitruckers. Fb groups or 720 forums?  U would need to measure your grill opening vs later model trucks. Likely have to cut one down to fit and have mounting brackets relocated. Hardest part is headlights,may have find way to push them back so grill doesnt stick out.

Try here https://www.facebook.com/groups/OGcoalitionGroup/

• Like 1

The common name was 'tube grill'.

All they were was a bunch of steel tube welded together, and then chromed.

Make one.

PS, putting a bunch of steel tube in front of your head lights will definitely screw up how far you can see at night,

and probably illegal.

And most likely why no one makes them any longer, not to mention the fact that US manufacturers don't care to make stuff for old Datsuns.

You want to 'buy' all your custom parts, buy a chevy.

God I miss the '50s & '60s, where people actually made stuff them selves.........

• Like 1

No you f#@$in cretin I don’t know what one is, hence my question.

Hint, Ratsun is not for wiping arses of newbs who can’t give a decent explanation of what they are looking for!

Comprende?

You should buy a Toyota Cressida, and come join us on JZXProject.

We answer every newb question that way :)

JZXP, the most hated forum on the 'net. We get death threats.

• Like 2