aftermarket EFI kits for NAPZ?

bryant2482

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Z24 did come with throttle body EFI in the Z24i after April '85 and a few month's into what would have been the '86 model year. The 720 was replaced by the D21 Hardbody about half way through the '86 model year and continued the Z24i through '88. It was also used in the WD21 Pathfinder and the Vanette.

A donor vehicle would be the cheapest way... or atleast go to a pick and pull yard and try to harvest what you might need...

I've tried looking up the same idea for my l16... long story short no I don't believe any one makes a full kit that just bolts on to datsun motors .... I've heard people modifying the intake to accept a Holley then you can bolt on a Fast efi system.....

This was what I was thinking for mine...

Screenshot_20171229-150719.png

But you probably need to use 2 of these ( I have no idea about quality Just something I found in my searches) and you'll need and intake and fuel management system and maybe a few other things....

But honestly I'm not sure what any of this would take to accomplish or cost to do....

It's been done with the EFI intake and exhaust manifold from an S110 200sx, and the electronics from a  KA powered 240sx. Both engines are 2.4 so fuel delivery is a good match. The exhaust has the O2sensor. The intake has a plenum and runners and a throttle. The electronics and sensors would be 240sx.

This was what I was thinking for mine...

Screenshot_20171229-150719.png

I make these:

s-l1600.jpg

That allow the twin throttle bodies from the RB26 to bolt to any DCOE side draft manifold.

s-l1600.jpg

Only extends 54mm out from manifold, so a lot of filter or stack set-ups fit into tight engine bays.

You still need to weld injector bungs into your manifold, or mount the injectors pointing into the mouths (old F1 tech).

RB throttles are fairly cheap.

I make these:

s-l1600.jpg

That allow the twin throttle bodies from the RB26 to bolt to any DCOE side draft manifold.

s-l1600.jpg

Only extends 54mm out from manifold, so a lot of filter or stack set-ups fit into tight engine bays.

You still need to weld injector bungs into your manifold, or mount the injectors pointing into the mouths (old F1 tech).

RB throttles are fairly cheap.

That's pretty sweet....

You're going to have to do a lot of custom work to get aftermarket EFI on that engine, unless you use an OEM system as Mike described above.

This is where the can of worms opens up.

If you're going to use aftermarket parts, why not maximize it's potential? TWM (now Borla) makes two barrel EFI throttle bodies that share the Weber DCOE/Mikuni PHH bolt pattern - https://www.borlainduction.com/

Use those in conjunction with a standalone ECU like one from Adaptronic - http://www.adaptronic.com.au/

Build a custom wiring harness or have someone make it for you. Phoenix Tuning (Tweak'd Performance) makes custom wiring for just about anything - http://www.tweakdperformance.com/

But...if you're not going to modify the engine internals (cylinder head, cam, valves, etc) why go to all that trouble and expense?