Engine build 66 411 with a J13

bkippen

I have been scanning posts for years now.  I took out my j13 to rebuild it.  The car has been on the road since new which means its a great driver and has 168k miles on it.  The timing chain started rattling so it was time.  The motor is getting a proper rebuild new pistons, rods, resurfaced crank and cam.  It'll be good as new perhaps better being .040" over.

I am looking for a part in particular.  The perhaps unobtainable 411ss intake manifold or... if someone has successfully adapted a twin su intake onto the j13 in a 411.

Any help would be appreciated.  Laughter that I am keeping it numbers matching is also welcome.

Thanks,

Brian

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Numbers matching is cool and historical. I know the E1 engine is a licensed version of the MG  and can swap dual carbs from one of those onto it. I do not know how similar the E1 and j13 are. worth looking at MG dual carbs.

The J16 with twin Hitachi "SU" carbs was the JDM  Sport Sedan. the  P411 SS.  So J16 specific SU intake manifolds for the J16 do exist, but most likely in Japan.  The P411SS was originally a single carb unit, but buyers began swapping on MG intakes and dual carbs, so Datsun upgraded to dual carb configuration.   The MG suggestion is a good start on finding something available over here.

The J16 with twin Hitachi "SU" carbs was the JDM  Sport Sedan. the  P411 SS.  So J16 specific SU intake manifolds for the J16 do exist, but most likely in Japan.  The P411SS was originally a single carb unit, but buyers began swapping on MG intakes and dual carbs, so Datsun upgraded to dual carb configuration.   The MG suggestion is a good start on finding something available over here.

I found a MG manifold with a single Mikuni 44PHH.  I am thinking if it fits it'll be a neat alternative.  Regardless I can't lose the carb is worth more than I paid on eBay 

• Like 1