what is this part

gene knight

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just an EI 'terminal block' to join the distributor to the truck harness. Three pairs of wires joined at three terminals with three nuts and three washers. All three are different size so they can't be connected wrongly. There's nothing to fail really. On my 620 the rad had an attachment point on it

• Like 1

Yup Most of the ones I have or have seen were for the Z series with dual plug sets. Correct the L20B were likely only two wires.

i see only 2 wires coming from dizzy into that part coming from this part and how often do both parts go bad

b210_dizzy_1.jpg

Gene there are no parts to wear out really. The spinning rotor just triggers the coil (black thing on the left) with magnetism. This pulse goes to the remote igniter box under the dash where it's transformed into a signal to remove power flowing through the coil which causes a spark. The remote igniter box is also solid state with no moving parts.

If your remote igniter has failed an HEI unit from a GM vehicle will replace it.

• Like 1

XVJqgYy.jpg

I have one somewhere that I trip over every few years when not looking for it. The box is not weather proof but the components are sealed in a block of epoxy. In '79 all remote igniters were replaced by the Matchbox which condensed the components to...

3h6NWI6.jpg

• Like 1