#21 wayno

wayno

Datsunahaulic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,297 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:28 PM

Nice.

What subframe is that ?

That is the Miata IRS as far as I know but is a custom install, that is the MX520 truck/project, although it is not a project anymore, it is a race truck, and I suspect a licensed legal driver for the roads also.

#22 G-Duax

G-Duax

prickly in San Antonio

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  • Cars:73 620 & 90 Toyota Cressida

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

Too bad, those Miata diffs are as small as an R160, and won't really stand up to much abuse.

Unless he is using a small engine.

I've got a picture somewhere of a 510 rear suspension installed in a pickup, and although I have a couple of the 510 subframes around here, never considered it a viable option for me.

"All of a sudden it started making noise, then started losing power. I limped the car home and tried to get it up the driveway, the engine just died."

Why do people do this?

A $100 tow bill is never as much as the extra damage you cause by trying to "limp the car home".

Don't be that person !

#23 wayno

wayno

Datsunahaulic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,297 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:27 PM

Too bad, those Miata diffs are as small as an R160, and won't really stand up to much abuse.

Unless he is using a small engine.

I've got a picture somewhere of a 510 rear suspension installed in a pickup, and although I have a couple of the 510 subframes around here, never considered it a viable option for me.

Are you kidding, this is a race truck, a winning race truck, he gets 2 wheels in the air sometimes when cornering, I have not heard about him going thru rear diffs ever.

He is using the complete Miata drive train from front to rear as far as I know, and this is the second one he has built, the other one is a 411 wagon, a race car that is only a race car as far as I know.

http://community.rat...to-get-the-411/

11891171_843492932372998_113763271699017

#24 Str8jacket

Str8jacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Cars:Inter D1310. 1978 620 ute.

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

A torque arm or properly set up 3 link rear would handle very well. A torque arm would fit quite nicely. Watts link and you could a tunable neautral handling rear that you could dial a decent amount of anti squat into to handle the hp you have.

I have measured it up and widening the chassis 4-6in on a 620 would open up a world of options in suspension, rack and pinion, wider track width while keeping wider rims with less scrub radius than large offset rims would. Also could fit a wider diff without the need to shorten axles.