• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 edekalil

edekalil

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • Cars:3-510 2 door sedans, 2 wagons all early 70s

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

The plastic resavor that holds the break fluid. When you have to swap your old to a new master cylinder, it seems it all ways leaks at the lower aera where there seat with the clamps on I snug it a little if I see any sign of any seeping of fluid. Any suggestions, just don't want to damage the plastic resavor but do want to stop the seeping. I only have the front one doing this last I saw. Ant tips or tricks.

CEO of the McComb, MS chapter of the 510

#2 DaBlist

DaBlist

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,570 posts
  • Cars:Had 521 & 1200, Now 71 Chevy SWB, 72 BMW, 2010 Tahoe

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

Brake

"It's like comparing a wooden roller coaster to a modern modern roller coaster. Without a doubt the modern roller coaster is faster, quieter and smoother. But people still love to ride the wooden roller coasters. The sounds, vibrations, jerks and jolts all add to the experience. Sure a wooden roller coaster may not be as fast, but it's sure a fun ride that can equally scare the crap out of you." - Annette

"is it racist to assume that cauliflower is just white entitled broccoli ?" - jrock

"You spend a lot of time pushing on doors that say pull, don't you?" - mhub91

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until they speak - www

#3 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 71,821 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

FSM say to never reuse. What I do is put in a sandwich bag to keep them dry hold them up in a pan of boiling hot water. They are more pliable when warm and soft. The clamp will squeeze them better.

Posted Image

#4 difrangia

difrangia

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Cars:78 620 Longbed, '63/64 NL320, '64 Beetle Type 117 Ragtop, 61 FIAT 500D, 3 Vespa Scooters

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:40 PM

FSM say to never reuse. What I do is put in a sandwich bag to keep them dry hold them up in a pan of boiling hot water. They are more pliable when warm and soft. The clamp will squeeze them better.

I have done the boiling water thing when installing new reservoirs and haven't suffered a leaker yet. Minute or two in the boiling water should do the trick.

Better to have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy !!

#5 edekalil

edekalil

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • Cars:3-510 2 door sedans, 2 wagons all early 70s

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go when I get back to the building.

CEO of the McComb, MS chapter of the 510