The King Cab 4x4 That No One Wanted

blownalcohol

I am a 60 year old auto technician primarily schooled by FMC but I have worked for Toyota and Subaru as well and touched a little bit of everything in my 42 years on the job. I live in the desert southwest here in the USA. Special thanks to Ratsun's extensive data base of knowledge,

I have been lurking reading and learning for a couple years now and my projects are nearing completion. The 82 is pretty much there, only a few minor details left. It was never meant to be a garage queen or a show truck. It was supposed to be a parts truck! 

I purchased the truck a couple of years ago from an individual that had worked really hard fixing it up to haul his dirt bike around. He ran into some serious issues when the inside of the cab caught on fire destroying a third of the interior and wiring. It had a nearly new 2.2 ATK engine and clutch. I was told the transmission was good as was the transfer case but the truck had not run in many years. It had a lot of unknowns. The truck did have a lot of hard to find aftermarket accessories like the skid pates brush guard roll bar and rear pipe bumper. It also had some nice 31/10;50 15's on some decent alloy wheels. Many of the parts made there way to my other project that I'l post about in the future. The body was an ocean of waves from some really poor prep work with a nasty gray paint job that blew off the first time I pressure washed it. The front floor pans were rusted out and had to be replaced. I pulled off all the badges and trim, welded the holes up and shot it with U-Pol Raptor Liner.

If I had to do it again I'd probably be just as crazy and save the Ol' girl from the bone yard again.  Just about nothing I haven't touched on this truck. Did everything myself including the bed liner paint job that covered a multitude of sins.Shes not a beauty queen but she is a bit of a bad ass. Here's to Old School. Parts truck to everyday driver. All in a Days work   :D

lDmkZA1.jpg

h7EyMMa.jpg

W1WIh8r.jpg

M60Mcwq.jpg

CoN1Rxt.jpg

dfvvcd9.jpg

sAiDHFN.jpgzWgkMUM.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will not let me do anything with them photos, most the time I get the not allowed to post this extension.

Wayno, you have to add it before pasting it, so it's included in the hyperlink.

Or, In the post options above the box you type your post in, click on the photo link option, then paste the URL in, then add the -tmp.jpg before clicking OK

• Like 1

Wayno, you have to add it before pasting it, so it's included in the hyperlink.

Or, In the post options above the box you type your post in, click on the photo link option, then paste the URL in, then add the -tmp.jpg before clicking OK

That is too complicated for me, too many steps, I miss the good old days when I copied the image and pasted it in the reply.

• Like 1

I'll have to keep an eye out when I go into town for that bad boy, I like it.  If you ever feel like you are being stalked when driving this, don't worry, its just me.

Do you ever go the Cars & Coffee over by the Journal center off of Jefferson?

• Like 2

It will not let me do anything with them photos, most the time I get the not allowed to post this extension.

You succeeded, your smarter than I am, it doesn't give me the option to copy the URL's, shit has changed since that windows update back in the middle of October, windows10 sucks.

I found your problem :)

Nice looking truck, way to save it :cool:

• Like 1

I found your problem :)

Nice looking truck, way to save it :cool:

It's not like I didn't know this, I didn't even use this brand new computer for over a year because it had Windows10, but the old one is at the end now and I don't want to lose all my photos on it, so until I have someone transfer all them to this POS computer that one is in sleep mode.

I have thought about having a whole new operating system installed, but I suspect the photo manager system on it will not be any better than this Windows10 system, I sure do miss WindowsXP.

• Like 2

It's not like I didn't know this, I didn't even use this brand new computer for over a year because it had Windows10, but the old one is at the end now and I don't want to lose all my photos on it, so until I have someone transfer all them to this POS computer that one is in sleep mode.

I have thought about having a whole new operating system installed, but I suspect the photo manager system on it will not be any better than this Windows10 system, I sure do miss WindowsXP.

Off topic, but have you tried using PC Mover Express? It's the replacement for Windows Easy Transfer, free for Windows 10, and moves all your files automatically.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026265/windows-windows-easy-transfer-is-not-available-in-windows-10

• Like 1

Nice job, saving your truck. It looks great!  What kind of seats did you install? They look pretty good.

The seats are from a Rodeo as reported in many posts they sit a little high for my liking but are functional since I'm only 5'10. If I was 6 foot it would be an issue. I did discover that if you have OEM buckets that their brackets will transfer to the Rodeo seats giving them a lower OEM profile that is much more comfortable and retains full functionality. I actually have a small post dealing with the relatively minor modification involved.  http://community.ratsun.net/topic/72422-yet-another-720-seat-swap-thread/

• Like 2