High Idle speed?

JWray707

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the third carb! Yeah, shitty supplier...not very detail oriented it seems.

Yes, I'm sure it is the primary. Kinda hard to get a good picture with it on the engine...but it's not supposed to be completely closed I'm guessing?

Good to know vacuum should be around 15.

Just did a compression test and it seems pretty dang low...though I'm seeing that numbers don't matter so much as consistency?

Dry/wet

1. 90/100

2. 90/110

3. 100/120

4. 90/120

What do you guys reckon? It recently started blowing out white/blue smoke on startup and then stops when it's warmed up. Would this be the valves or the piston rings?

Leak down test?

I recently did a block test on it and there was no sign of contamination. Oil color doesn't look too have changed any.

Got it to run and drop in gear but it's at high rpms. 1200 in drive. Seems to want to lurch too. When I put it back in park the RPMS shoot up and stick at 2300-2500.

I have a feeling im headed towards some work...

So it's bouncing between 1700-2000 rpms at idle...1300 in gear. Vacuum gauge is bouncing between 10-11.

Got in there again and sprayed with carb cleaner and it seems there may be a leak around where the manifold is attached. Worn gasket maybe? Loose bolts? Have to dig into that...