Vehicles you have seen years later, and regret selling

Saw a truck i used to own today.  When i got it 8 years ago, it was a original grandpa truck.  Amazing shape.  I ended up having to sell it when i broke my ankle and was laid off work.  I always regretted having to sell it.  Today i saw it while dropping off a customer.  And it made me want to cry seeing how it is now :(.  Im not blaming the current owner if on here,  just saying that over the years,  she has really been abused. 

When i owned her.

llyLE31.jpg

Now

y5m4Yho.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually hold on to vehicles until I can't stand having them anymore.. then a year after that I list them for sale. That way when I see them around town, no regrets.

Luckily I haven't been in a situation where I was forced to sell.. yet. That would be really tough.

• Like 1

I had a 67 mustang in high school, technically never sold it...

Auto shop has saved me lots of money since this lesson.

2 days before graduation i blew something up as I was leaving the last stop sign before campus.

It sat at the school over the summer. By the time I got around to getting it, they had lien sold it.

I saw it at a garage over a year later and they wouldn't sell it back to me.

Laid off broken ankle time to sell, I feel your pain! I quit my job and couldn't get another so it was time to sell. Some how I was able to buy back 4 of those cars over the last few years? When I sold my 69 GTO it wasn't running but when I got it back it was and still in the same condition. WIN WIN!!!

My 86.5 Hard Body, loved that truck.

My early '70s Harley Baja, that I had turned into a flat track bike.

My '65 250 Ducati Scrambler.

My 250 Bultaco Astro.

My '57 Olds Holiday Coupe, that I had dual quads sitting on an Offenhauser manifold, 11:1 compression, and '3/4' race cam.

Said Harley:

DSC03702.jpg

MPLS, MN National Guard Armory about 1977: 

DSC03707a.jpg

Still have my leathers, but don't fit in them any more :(

• Like 1

69 jeep wagoneer with buick dauntless 350.

Thing was awesome. Sold it to pay for a semester of college.

I never see it but i wish i still had it every time i see a wagoneer. I've had a serious itch to get another wagoneer or perhaps an international travelall for about a year now. Keeps getting worse.

My 86.5 Hard Body, loved that truck.

My early '70s Harley Baja, that I had turned into a flat track bike.

My '65 250 Ducati Scrambler.

My 250 Bultaco Astro.

My '57 Olds Holiday Coupe, that I had dual quads sitting on an Offenhauser manifold, 11:1 compression, and '3/4' race cam.

Said Harley:

DSC03702.jpg

MPLS, MN National Guard Armory about 1977:

DSC03707a.jpg

Still have my leathers, but don't fit in them any more :(

May those leathers be motivation! I'm losing weight, stoked, and mad at myself for not doing this sooner.

I miss my 81 zx. I have never seen it around though. I just recently had an opposite experiance where I saw a Ford Crossover I sold re-appear on CL. God I'm glad I sold that POS.

Sold my 280zx Turbo to Blue for $500 bucks because it decided to blow the engine 30mins away from Portland. Made it to meet up Blue and he knew it wasn't right. We had agreed to $1500 but no way that thing was in the shape it was in when I left the house so I sold it for $500 just to drive the 810 home. Been wanting to buy the ZX back since I miss that darn car and owned it for 7 years but Blue is a hard person to reach. Anyone know how to get ahold of him. Last time I saw the car he had rebuild the damn thing.

Well, this particular one wasn't a Datsun but still... I had an early 90's Civic hatchback. 93, I think it was, that I had to sell to pay for my credit card. I really didn't wanna sell it because the thing got 36.5 mpg! Then, shortly after that, I got a notice in the mail that the car was impounded. I didn't bother contacting the buyer and let it all go in the hopes that eventually he would get it back out.

1966 C10 fleetside. Forrest green with white cab. Regret selliing. My M class BMW's, if you ever owned one you know.

Cars I regret not buying. 1960's ford falcon, drove past it for a year before someone else bought the car. Blue slightly rusty 1970's goon, another one I stopped and looked at did not buy ended up driving past for a long time before someone else bought.