I FINALLY Get to Say It!

"I DON'T LIVE IN CALIFORNIA ANY MORE!".

I'm in Souix Falls,South Dakota right now,on my way to Roanoke,Virginia.

I plan on heading to Cedar Rapids,Iowa,then to Bourbannis,Illinois,the to Dayton,Ohio,

& on to Roanoke.

Now I can buy a car newer than 1975 - if I can find the money.

• Like 9
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh,forgot to add - I saw a B210 just off of I90 yesterday,just East of Big Timber,Montana,

& then saw an F10 (White - with the woodgrain on the sides!) just East of Sturgis,South Dakota,

heading the other way.

"I DON'T LIVE IN CALIFORNIA ANY MORE!".

I'm in Souix Falls,South Dakota right now,on my way to Roanoke,Virginia.

I plan on heading to Cedar Rapids,Iowa,then to Bourbannis,Illinois,the to Dayton,Ohio,

& on to Roanoke.

Now I can buy a car newer than 1975 - if I can find the money.

Good for you!

One of the better things I did was get out of that state.

• Like 1

Friend of mine lives there.

In Cedar Rapids,Iowa now.GLAD to be out of 

South Dakota & Southern Minnesota!

Stopped by the Surf Ballroom,in Clear Lake,Iowa -

where the last performance of Buddy Holly was.

"The Day the Music Died".

• Like 1

And from the rest of us still here......

4jVqX.gif

Rich residents shocked their private street was sold because of a $14 HOA error

Presidio Terrace is a block-long, oval street dotted with 35 megamillion-dollar mansions known for famous residents including Sen. Dianne Feinstein and House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi.

It’s a street known for its exclusivity — a guard is always on duty at the stone-gate entrance, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

But due to a low-profile auction, a South Bay couple now own the street after a payout of just $90,000.

And now residents might have to pay up just to park on the road, which had been managed by the homeowners since at least 1905.

Tina Lam and Michael Cheng own the street, the sidewalks and all other “common ground,” including garden islands and palm trees.

So how did they snag the wealthy, private road for relative chump change?

It turns out the homeowners association for Presidio Terrace failed to pay a $14-a-year property tax, something that owners of all 181 private streets in San Francisco must do.

So the city’s tax office put the property up for sale at the cost of $994 in an online auction to regain unpaid back taxes, penalties and interest. The couple eventually won the street with a $90,100 bid, outlasting several other bidders.

Scott Emblidge, the attorney for the Presidio Homeowners Association, said in a letter to the city that the owners failed to pay because the tax bill was being sent to the address of an accountant who hadn’t worked for the homeowners association since the 1980s.

• Like 1

So did you run into snow in the mountains of Montana? I almost posted a Danger, Danger warning just before you left but figured your friends in Kalispell would give you good information if there was anything to be concerned about.

The real danger appears to be you may have been exposed to F10 Fever without realizing it. :lol: There is a thread here on Ratsun about a guy that wanted one so badly he bought it in CA and drove it across the US to the east coast. So good luck fighting off F10 urges.

Len

As for the F10 urges - I think that I'll be able to restrain them.

No snow in Montana,just on the mountaintops,but did hit massive rainstorms

in Illinois.

The GPS sent me on backroads,to avoid paying tolls.In West Virginia,

that was a good thing,as I drove some great & scenic roads.

Staying just North of Roanoke (Salem,VA),at a hotel that has a great view

of the Blue Ridge Mountains.