First KA24DE swap questions.

Jalj47

How are you guys doing

I have a 1973 620, I'm looking to do a KA24de swap, I'm new to the datsun community and I can use all the help. Besides the 240sx what would be another car the get that motor out of? Also what kind of custom work would need to be done to make it all fit? Do I need custom mounts, or can I use the stock ones for the motor and transmission?

• Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Came in certain years of Frontiers as well I think. This might be a better choice if it's a rear sump oil pan.

type this into google:    site:ratsun.net KA24DE 

That should search all of ratsun for KA24DE. Most of your questions will be answered  in those pages.

• Like 2

you will want a 240sx engine the front sump clears the bolt in cross member. you will have to flip the steering center link to clear the oil pan.  the engine mounts can be obtained from redeye on here. if you use a 240sx five speed you will need to slot the trans cross member  for the longer length and shorten the drive shaft. i recommend getting a can/am box from icehouse on here not a have to  but will save you alot of headaches.

• Like 1