Over 100,000 Digital License Plates Are Scheduled to Hit U.S. Roads in 2018

There is lots of power to operate what little the memory will use to stay active, and once the key is on or the vehicle gets disturbed it can come out of sleep mode.

Fact is a chip in your body don't use power yet that chip will let a satellite know where you are 24/7, this is just a chip in your vehicle instead of your body, it's likely all the new vehicles are already outfitted with a chip anyway.

Does everyone know that there were white slaves in this country also, it appears this country is moving in that direction again, slaves didn't own anything, their masters owned them and everything they have.

• Like 2
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OnStar Corporation is a subsidiary of General Motors that provides subscription-based communications, in-vehicle security, hands- free ...

Key people‎: ‎Santiago Chamorro, ‎Vice President‎

Founded‎: ‎1996‎

Headquarters‎: ‎Detroit, Michigan, USA‎

Parent‎: ‎General Motors

:fu:

...and it's never going to give up any of it's information even in the face of a court order from FBI, police CIA, ATF or any federal agency? Never going to sell this information to third party interests to forecast market trends? 

When a patrol pulls you over they run your vehicle plate number, by the time the officer makes it to your window he has basic information about the vehicle from their database, the officer will then request you to provide identification, again they'll run your ID through their database that is connected to the DMV.

How's OnStar "the same"? If any of those agencies you listed want your information, they'll need a judge to sign off, with plates they directly tap in to the DMV database, if the digital tags are run strictly by government, they cannot sell your information, this would be like with social security and driver's license numbers, if a private party runs it then it's a different set of rules, credit bureaus and banking come to mind.

How are OnStar and DMV the same?, Explain.

• Like 1

This is why the government don't want anything encrypted, they want to get into whatever they want to get into without a warrant.

Have you ever heard of the "patriot act", they will fall back on that every time, this is not some loony that went over the edge, this is terrorism and all your rights are cancelled. 

• Like 2

When a patrol pulls you over they run your vehicle plate number, by the time the officer makes it to your window he has basic information about the vehicle from their database, the officer will then request you to provide identification, again they'll run your ID through their database that is connected to the DMV.

How's OnStar "the same"? If any of those agencies you listed want your information, they'll need a judge to sign off, with plates they directly tap in to the DMV database, if the digital tags are run strictly by government, they cannot sell your information, this would be like with social security and driver's license numbers, if a private party runs it then it's a different set of rules, credit bureaus and banking come to mind.

How are OnStar and DMV the same?, Explain.

... and you come back quoting yourself.

If driving your car on public roads there is no expectation of privacy. If your vehicle data logs your trip and every second of where you go and what you do there, you may not even have a choice if big brother wants it. If you have On Star you give up a lot of your privacy.  

... and you come back quoting yourself.

If driving your car on public roads there is no expectation of privacy. If your vehicle data logs your trip and every second of where you go and what you do there, you may not even have a choice if big brother wants it. If you have On Star you give up a lot of your privacy.

That's not the point, start from the beginning.

I think OnStar did exactly this. Now your car is wired for WiFi and cell service.... they know alright... they know.

OnStar is a private company, the tags is big brother, big difference.

Wa ha ha ha ha ha you're kidding right???? Please allow me to be you for a second.... SMH

OnStar Corporation is a subsidiary of General Motors that provides subscription-based communications, in-vehicle security, hands- free ...

Key people‎: ‎Santiago Chamorro, ‎Vice President‎

Founded‎: ‎1996‎

Headquarters‎: ‎Detroit, Michigan, USA‎

Parent‎: ‎General Motors

:fu:

Pick up from there, or are you still lost?

Just search "OnStar privacy issues", if you have OnStar they are collecting data even if you don't pay for the plan, and if your not paying them they likely don't care where your data goes, you pay them to keep it private.

Oh I don't argue that, it is a given that corporations will gather then sell your information, what I'm saying is that government isn't the same as private company, they have a different set of rules and if they want information from OnStar about you that is considered a privacy matter, they need a judge to sign off on it, you have to be suspected of a crime, unless laws changed....but I'm not aware of any.

Wa ha ha ha ha ha you're kidding right???? Please allow me to be you for a second.... SMH

I was laughing over you saying due process and Big Brother in the same sentence. It's naive to think OnStar info is yours alone.

It is not, they sell your information, it's in the contract that you sign to use the service, as is in every app you upload onto your phone and on the internet and probably very likely in this very website we are posting in, read the fine print.

Then we agree.

I automatically assume anything said here is open for public viewing.

I've never uploaded any apps to a phone.

• Like 2