Ok guys it's all back together and I must say, it runs like a champ!
@Crashtd420 I was able to send the injectors out to a place called Witch Hunter Performance (http://witchhunter.com/). They came back with a report card showing before and after testing, turns out they were in pretty good shape to begin with but there was some room for improvement.
I was unsuccessful in locating a new intake duct, I guess they've been NLA for quite some time. I looked into building one out of tubing and silicone couplers but the available silicone elbows don't have a tight enough radius to work in the space available. I thought about fabricating one out of tubing using the "pie cut" method to make my own tight radius bends, but I decided that much fabrication is over my head right now and the time it would take me to learn it would mean the 810 would be out of action for too long.
So, here's what I did; I bought this thing:
It's for adding a vacuum port, gauge fitting, blow off valve, etc to your custom silicone intake plumbing.
Here's what I did with it:
I cut off the damaged port on the original duct, and enlarged the hole in the tube.
I didn't use the thick rubber gasket that came in the kit because it was kind of stiff and I felt it would have required a lot of clamping force to seal. I cut some thinner, softer gaskets from an old bicycle tube and used one on the inside and one on the outside of the fitting. You can see both here.
Then I bought a 1/2 NPT 90 degree fitting. I really needed one that was a 5/8 hose barb on the other side, but nobody in town had one and I was too impatient to order one.
So, I made this rig so I could chuck it up in my cordless drill.
Then I made it spin really fast and removed the threads with a coarse file. At this point, I was really wishing I had a lathe...
So now it looks like this.
Here's the assembled port system.
And with the fitting installed
There were still some small cracks around the hole. I remember reading this really good article http://hiperformance...m/Ljetronic.htm where the guy talked about sealing up cracked air ducts with a product called "Shoe Goo". I know, I was skeptical too but with a lack of other options I decided to give it a try. I think the stuff is basically rubber cement. It seems to be sealing up fine for now, I'll obviously be keeping an eye on it.
Of course all the fuel hoses in the engine bay got replaced along with a new fuel filter. When I activated the fuel pump to check for leaks before starting the engine I caught a pretty good leak out back at the fuel pump. I'm sure is wasn't there before, and I know I didn't touch anything back there but whatever. It ended up being just a couple of loose hose clamps.
And, I finally finished cleaning up the engine bay and I'm quite pleased with how it came out.
So that's where she's at right now. I'm happy and the car is happy.
On to the next project....