84 720 weber carb throttle linkage help

raidernation

I just bought this truck 2 days ago and i cant seem to figure out a few things. I tried looking through the forum to find what i needed but i just couldn't for some reason. So the issue i am having is two things actually. The truck has a Weber 32/36 Weber carb with manual choke. But the throttle cable is broke so it was okie rigged up surprisingly it drove fine-ish. I have a new throttle cable ordered so while i wait for that to come in the mail i want to figure out if i need anymore parts for the linkage I have the box the carb came in and some extra parts that were in the box. I attached some pictures of what is on the truck now and whats in the box. Whats missing? and how do i hook it all up when the new cable arrives. 

The next thing is i noticed oil on the floor board on the driver side so i looked under the dash and it looks like its coming from somewhere up high. drips coming off all the wires and steering column but doesn't seem like there is any or very little on the firewall. My first thought was booster or clutch cylinder. Thanks in advance! The truck is a 1984 720 4x4 kingcab.

XuH0O7r.jpg?1

cWkttgs.jpg?1

WjL3Ybc.jpg?1

uY2EGmx.jpg?1

ML96zs1.jpg?2

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me welcome you to Rarsun.

Looks like Photobucket has blocked you from using your photos. Try https://imgur.com/

If not brake or hydraulic clutch fluid, it can be transmission oil being augered up the speedometer cable.

must be the cable because the brake and clutch fluid are full. super dirty but full and the cable must be broken because the speedometer doesn't work haven't had much time to look in to it. 

You likely need to use the old throttle cable assembly from the old carb, you remove what the end of the throttle cable it touching in the photos(twist assembly bracket), and replace it with what is on the old carburetor that the cable connected to originally.

I hope the old carb came with the truck, otherwise you may have to call Pierce Manifold and buy what you need, you may be able to get what you need at the local parts store also.

Is this truck an auto?

You likely need to use the old throttle cable assembly from the old carb, you remove what the end of the throttle cable it touching in the photos(twist assembly bracket), and replace it with what is on the old carburetor that the cable connected to originally.

I hope the old carb came with the truck, otherwise you may have to call Pierce Manifold and buy what you need, you may be able to get what you need at the local parts store also.

Is this truck an auto?

Yeah unfortunately the old carb didn't come with it but the pull n save has a few trucks hopefully the carbs are still there. The trucks manual.

80w90 range GL4. MUST BE GL4. Do NOT use GL5 or anything that does not specify 'yellow metal or copper alloy safe or compatible'. I imagine it gets cold in Idaho so you may want to try G M ACDelco friction modified Synchromesh Transmission oil. It's a synthetic and improves shifting hot or cold. I use it and am amazed at the difference. I can even down shift with ease now. Upshifts are easier/faster/smoother. You may want to change the $5 rear seal for a new one because this stuff is so slippery it can sometimes pass an old seal.

M51765273.jpg

Lordco was cheaper. It was about $35 (2 liters) in Canada but worth twice that in how well it worked/