Tire size?

Fluvoldorf

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The most common tire for your '84 2wd is P195/75R14 on the stock rim and 7.7" wide and 25.5" diameter. You're going to buy a set of tires based on someone else's say so? Lower it and take a look yourself.

In theory a 160/90R14 would narrow it to 6.30" wide and similar height so your speedometer is accurate.

Thank you for the info. To answer your question no I wasn't planning on ordering tires based solely on one person's input or say so. My father put all terrain tires on it but unfortunately has passed, now the vehicle is mine and I want to make changes I was unsure what tire size came on it stock and it is in California where as I am in Arizona and wanted to start getting things ready for when I moved it to where I live. I was hoping to not have to buy a stock set of tires to find out they were too big of an overall diameter for as low as I wanted to put the truck. I'm hoping to get it down to a 2-3 inch ride height.