Home Built Z 'Full video build'

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep up the fantastic build. My welding skills are not on par with yours, but you have inspired me to get after some of the stuff in my 510. I just spent the last 4 hours cutting rust out. The engine bay should be gorgeous when I get done (at least in my eyes)

My welding is all self taught. It is just practice. Watch a few youtube videos for some tips and then just give it a go. It is time consuming, but it is satisfying when it's done.

• Like 2

Hi Jeff. I have the tin can effect on the roof of my 620 and was wondering if you ever had any free time to do a quick 5 min video just explaining what it is you actually do with the hammer, dolly and heat. To the uneducated you just hit it until it works!

240z is looking great. Loving the progress.

Also good news on the Porsche engine, sounds like it won't be long.

Hi Jeff. I have the tin can effect on the roof of my 620 and was wondering if you ever had any free time to do a quick 5 min video just explaining what it is you actually do with the hammer, dolly and heat. To the uneducated you just hit it until it works!

240z is looking great. Loving the progress.

Also good news on the Porsche engine, sounds like it won't be long.

Have a look at this vid from here https://youtu.be/8A6NoBElz44?t=11m3s

I cover it in a bit of detail, but basically, when you heat an area the metal quite noticeably bubbles up. While it is hot, basically you hit towards the centre of the bubbled area to try to knock the panel back flat. Once it is cooled off again, it pulls tight and the panel should have shrunk back and the popping oil can effect should have gone.