Just bought a 521

mainer311

For removing the three small screws that hold the mud covers inside the fenders, cut a slot with a 1/32 cutoff disk in the head of the screw. Then use a plain screwdriver to remove the screw. Most of the time, the heat and vibration will loosen the screw. Replace with stainless steel sheet metal screws.

You make it sound easy. I assure you, it's not. Plus, my mud covers already look like swiss cheese.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I put this camper top on that the previous owner gave me. I had it up against the side of my garage for almost a year, and decided today was the day to drop it off at the scrap metal heap.

9LzfO8d.jpg

And then I washed it.

TiEe5QD.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Changed the transmission gear oil today. There are no performance oil suppliers around here, so I picked a couple quarts up from the dealer. $20/qt. Ouch. The shifting is noticeably better. Maybe it’s just a placebo.

Also had the right front wheel rebalanced without that huge wheel weight on the outside.

SfAi9JN.jpg

• Like 2

That is a shame but your tuck looks real good without it. 

You would have looked great driving around with a paisley pattern. multi colored in green collared shirt, some dark green corduroy bell bottoms, wide brown leather belt with peace embossed on the back, a long mullet,  mutton chops, a Fu Manchu moustache and mirrored aviator glasses!

I guess it is a good thing you dumped the shell!  LOL

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

The PO had the seat in my truck reupholstered, but the springs are so mushy that it would kill by back driving the truck long distances. It was so bad that I’d slump forward because my back was sinking into the rear of the seat. My short term remedy has been a lumbar pillow, and while it works, is a pain in the ass.

Today I bought some upholstery foam and a pair of hog ring pliers and did something about it. I cut the 2” thick foam into shape, and then used the small piece that I trimmed off to bulge the foam out in the lumbar area. The large piece of foam sits on the outside, so it blends well. I used 3M Super 77 to hold it all in place, then stretched the cover back over everything. Took about an hour, and it’s a huge improvement.

7957fYE.jpg

n2c9gYc.jpg

• Like 2

Truck looks good. I'm not sure if I had my blue one when you came up to get the roadster. Here's my thread on it. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/23861-someones-old-my-new-520/ Keep up the good work. If your driving though NH sometime, shoot me a message.

I do remember your truck. And loved it. I couldn’t remember which model it was though. Been hooked on Datsuns ever since I bought that Roadster.

• Like 1

Mr Tanker if my tires and wheels require wheel weights on the outside you can damn well bet they are going to be there, and well you are going to have to get over it!  LOL

Trailer queens don't matter where your wheel weights are but drivers do!  LOl