L16 hesitating, quits and hard to restart

d.p

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate points distributors, they have caused me so many headaches that I will do just about anything to convert to electronic ignition(matchbox is preferred).

Did you know a lot of early MG distributors will bolt into the E, J, and L blocks, and they have a shitload of aftermarket support.

, here you wayno, have had pertronix for like 15 years, you set it and forget it.

Pertronix the tape can wear and when you pull the magnet ring off the magnets stay on the dist shaft!!!!!!!!!!!  I seen this once on another and on mine. So I just superglue the tape line and leave the magent ring on and never take it off unless I have to. I have a spare Magnet ring also(which you can get from Pertonix)

I just swap Pertronix to another single point dizzy when my bushings wear out as alot of people threw the single points dizzys aside. and I collecteed them up.(mostly the L20 ones)

Yes, fixed. Swapping the coil in would test the theory that the coil overheats and acts up. (hey, just call me curious)

I know what you mean... even though the petronix was a good idea .... was the problem the coil or the points...

And DP If you do swap to see don't leave the good coil at home just incase....