521 Upper control arm bushings?

d.p

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not that rare.  Rockauto.com has them too.  I have a urethane version available on my site........but I'm not sure I have any more in stock.  This is what I use for the bolt.....I'm pretty sure it will work for the stock ones too.  You should be able to find them at a "good" hardware store.

Hex bolts, Zinc plated grade 8 steel yellow, 1/2"-20 x 3-1/2"

• Like 2

Ok, reason I want to replace is because I still get slight vibration at speed (60-65).  Changed wheels and tires which helped a fair amount but its still there.  

Looking around the suspension parts for wear and these were the worst of what I could see with my naked eye.  

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Yeah IDK cause rock auto lists the tie rod and the tie rod ends.  Are these things hard to find nowadays?  RA has 6 of them, 5 of them being the right side and the only selling a left side is  ACDELCO.   Hell even MOOGs site only lists the right side. 

Oh ya.... which ones are you replacing... I forgot the center bar has the replaceable ends....

The ones that connect to the wheels where the ones I was thinking....

I guess the tie rods to the wheels?  Going off what Hainz said about having to replace his. 

Yeah IDK cause rock auto lists the tie rod and the tie rod ends. Are these things hard to find nowadays? RA has 6 of them, 5 of them being the right side and the only selling a left side is ACDELCO. Hell even MOOGs site only lists the right side.

I bought the acdelco ones from rockauto... no grease fitting and they sent me 2 lefts

You might take a look at the later tie rods...85ish?  4wd?  The tapers on the tie rods are the same.....I'm about 99% sure on that.  Their adjustable, I'm just not sure they're quite long enough.  

If they aren't long enough how would they work?  Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

• Like 1