Hesitation issue...still.

JWray707

So, I'm exhausting all my resources on this one. Figured I'd post on here before I call a mechanic. Would love to be able to figure it out on my own, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's going on.

Three main issues.

1. Carb tuning.

2. Hesitation on slight acceleration.

3. Heating up hotter than normal.

I replaced the carb recently and have been trying to tune it, but it's hard to tell what the afr is or if it's correct. I know the procedure for tuning, just trying to get it set right.

-Bought a timing light and set the timing to 12.

-Replaced the spark plugs.

-Tested the resistance on all the plug wires and the only one that is off is #1. All the rest measured 7.2 ohms, #1 was 6.8...would that be enough of a difference to cause the hesitation?

The only other thing I could think of was the float bowl. It's not filled up to the line on the sight, it's about 3/4 of the way up. Does the fuel level NEED to be at the line on the sight glass? Would this cause the hesitation?

No matter how I tune the carb the hesitation still happens.

Also, hooked up a vacuum gauge to the manifold and it's reading at a steady 20, so I know there's no vacuum leak.

Any ideas would help. This is a 1978 620 L20b

Sorry for writing a damn novel here, just trying to cover all my bases.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to ask you all the questions already asked here... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/72448-hard-start-when-warmstalling/

this would be a waste of time and space. If the problem persists lets keep going on this thread that has everything already suggested.

• Like 1