Decklid racks.

emanistan

Does anyone have any pictures of the optional decklid rack that was offered for the B210 sedans?  I have a 1975 accesories catalogue which mentions a "Genuine wood and chrome rear deck luggage rack," but doesn't show it....actually, let alone pictures, does anyone have one of these racks themselves that they'd be willing to part with?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I might have pictures of this somewhere; I'll go looking.

Edit: Well I've seen them several times and evidently never took a picture of one?

Looking through my saved pictures from other people now.

Edit: Found the car I was thinking about! Pictures stolen off of Datsun1200.com site. I do believe I have seen another version of this before on a white car.

apw4Lm3.jpg

oWIizXh.jpg

Diasagree: it would look great, and the B210 decklid slants so much--almost a fastback--that you probably wouldn't even see the rack from inside, unless it was piled high with stuff.  Would it get used?  I think I'd use it, but that's not really the point.  The point is it would look damn good!

I think I might have pictures of this somewhere; I'll go looking.

Edit: Well I've seen them several times and evidently never took a picture of one?

Looking through my saved pictures from other people now.

Edit: Found the car I was thinking about! Pictures stolen off of Datsun1200.com site. I do believe I have seen another version of this before on a white car.

apw4Lm3.jpg

oWIizXh.jpg

Thanks!  I don't think this is the same one the catalogue was talking about though:  no wood slats.  Looks like a home-build.

Thanks!  I don't think this is the same one the catalogue was talking about though:  no wood slats.  Looks like a home-build.

Here is the non-us dealer rack. Wood part might be the slats. Design is similar but not the same to the other.

d9E4Rq9.jpg

• Like 2

Diasagree: it would look great, and the B210 decklid slants so much--almost a fastback--that you probably wouldn't even see the rack from inside, unless it was piled high with stuff.  Would it get used?  I think I'd use it, but that's not really the point.  The point is it would look damn good!

Then you should definitely go for it.

• 2 weeks later...

In talking to the guy who has one; he really liked it for long trips. I personally want to put one on because you run out of room really fast when packing.

• 6 months later...

Does anyone have any pictures of the optional decklid rack that was offered for the B210 sedans?  I have a 1975 accesories catalogue which mentions a "Genuine wood and chrome rear deck luggage rack," but doesn't show it....actually, let alone pictures, does anyone have one of these racks themselves that they'd be willing to part with?

Late response. Been looking through the 210 forum to learn more about them. The '81 210 I just bought came with one. One of the little things I like most about it haha No wood trim though.

K0rtLJUh.jpg

8Jjs5Rlh.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Since I started this thread I've managed to find a few period images. There's this French Canadian commercial on Youtube which offers some good glimpses of one on a blue sedan: 

and then there's the accessories brochure for the 610, which shows the same type 

26529700167_a690110baa.jpgwn4496b (1) by emanistan

For my personal project though, it no longer matters.  I love junkyard exploring--its how I found my car in the first place--and when I can't explore junkyards myself, I sometimes watch videos of other people doing it.  A few months ago I came across this video of these fellows exploring Han's Foreign Auto Parts in Minnesota: 

There are a few things here to interest old Datsun lovers, but what made me salivate was the decklid rack on the circa 1980 Lancia Zagato towards the middle of the video.  To make a long story short, I shot out a few emails, and after a pleasant transaction with Han's--who I recommend highly--it arrived at my PO box. Here it is posed on my Sunny: 

38898260264_3827e02190.jpg20180104_163301 by emanistan

It's the exact right size, but I need to make some adjustments to the mounting feet before bolting it on.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...