Photo
- - - - -

Wife says it looks like an egg,, and not in a nice way.

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,226 posts
  • Cars:It's a fucking anti-aircraft gun, Vincent.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:09 PM

So Fucking Ted told us about spotting this 1200 last winter but it sat down off the road in a mudhole and it just wouldn't stop raining ,,,,,,,,,,,,, then,,,,,,,,,, it stopped. We were in the neighborhood asking about a 411 that was also spotted in winter but left for dryer times so we stopped and asked....... $300. later we were loading it onto trailer,, with title .  Previous owner was older lady and ( i assume)  her sons couldn't figure out how to fix points so it was dependable enough for her to drive,, so they had bought a few weird distributors to try,,, but lost the OG distributor so i didn't get that.  But  had 3 or 4 matchboxs for A14s so not really a big deal

I have been quietly searching for a cheap high gas mileage Datsun for awhile to drive when i tear my 411 apart to install 4Age ...  i bought a 2door b210 a couple years ago and been collecting A14 parts and a couple 5speeds for it but ,, never really felt a "thing" for it .   So maybe i will use that junk on this instead

34ov8Xo.jpg

yI7cfvz.jpg

JJ3imqn.jpg

As you can see by road height it was down in a river bottom type area ,, but that is a major hiway and i'm pretty surprised no-one beat us to it .

fThZs6o.jpg

After washing and taking off those horrible lazy eye things  it looked better

ADp8KyT.jpg

pVSOmvm.jpg

zDiT4op.jpg

hXlwLDS.jpg

Put my sons slots on he had laying around

uFXYGgs.jpg

RrcgAbZ.jpg

f1dMEaK.jpg

PnfmeQS.jpg

Anyways,,, it runs pretty decent with matchbox i had ,, brakes work really good  it needs wiring cleaned up under hood and the hole in gas tank fixed or new tank.

So somehow while i was driving back from Eaglerock swap meet i somehow caused YOU to post this,,,, do really think members on this site are that stupid to believe i caused it??

http://community.rat...un-for-a-while/

Yeah i guess you do,,

BTW ,,,, the first person to call you a pussy,,,, ya might wanna check out his ethnicity ,, cuz i don't think it's what you think it is there snowflakeboy

..........................I shall call it, narclops.

#2 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,226 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:17 PM

Should have named it
If i try another set of front tires i'm going to burn this 1200 to the ground ,,, fixer-upper

nlm5wqy.jpg

S75jnbv.jpg

These are 175/70/13 and they still rub on front fender

O80Pxqf.jpg

Going to try some 185/60/13  and if those rub 155/70/13 tomorrow and if those look to skinny,,,, i might break out the 25 year old brand new ,,,,, 175/60/13s i have stored in a secret location known only by the accounting firm of Ernst and Whinney

Unless someone has a free set of 12" slot mags laying around ...

So somehow while i was driving back from Eaglerock swap meet i somehow caused YOU to post this,,,, do really think members on this site are that stupid to believe i caused it??

Yeah i guess you do,,

BTW ,,,, the first person to call you a pussy,,,, ya might wanna check out his ethnicity ,, cuz i don't think it's what you think it is there snowflakeboy

#3 dat521gatherer

dat521gatherer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts
  • Cars:3 521's 75 b210 80 supra 80 audi 4000 80 b310

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

Never felt a thing for your b210 coupe?? You just earned yourself one next time I see you. :devil:

#4 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,226 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

Not coupe,, that's what i wanted but never could find one cheap in good shape,, or titled .. 

Granted it is newer,  easier to get parts for, and i assume ALOT safer in every way ,, hell i even have 2 extra sets of taillights for it. 5 "new" engines a pedal swap with vacuum canister  

But it,,, much like it's brother the 2door 510 that's languishing back there... Just doesn't speak to me other than,, "hey,, i could do the job"

Other than being filled with previous owners garbage a pretty nice car really.

I am into this for $160. with title change..  I only got the cheaper "title purposes only" title and didn't spring for actual collector plates yet.

rFyoac8.jpg

HsnuOSU.jpg

Yeah i guess you do,,

#5 dat521gatherer

dat521gatherer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts
  • Cars:3 521's 75 b210 80 supra 80 audi 4000 80 b310

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:07 PM

Ah I see the problem now. Still some people like the 2 door sedan better. I just caught up with a guy that has a real clean one. He was selling a coupe a week ago or so on craigslist. He later told me he had a sedan but didn't tell me at the time cause while looking at his coupe I said I didn't care for the sedan style. But it is clean. Going to get him to a meet next time.

Btw nice egg white delight you got there. Wish I had one. Am I the only one who doesn't get heads up on shit....

#6 Mattndew76

Mattndew76

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts
  • Cars:Datsun 1200 Coupe

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:46 PM

Wow way to score!!

An idea doesn't work unless you do.  

#7 Lockleaf

Lockleaf

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts
  • Cars:'71 510 Goon, '90 240SX, '85 720, '69 Roadster, '96 Pathfinder, too much other shite

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

Yep that thing is awesome. A 1200 coupe is #5 on my Datsun/Nissan treasure list and I already own 1 through 4 :)

Half Pint ('71 510 Goon) http://community.rat...agon/p?=1269361

Audrey ('69 Roadster 1600) http://community.rat...rey-the-ratster

Tiny Havok ('85 720 DIY built Crewcab 4x4) http://community.rat...ache/?p=1395455

720 Shenanigans http://community.rat...20-shenanigans/

#8 Draker

Draker

Ratsun-Erect

• 12,537 posts
  • Cars:1971 2 door 510, 1969 4 door 510, 2002 Tacoma double cab

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

Scoreeeeee!!

View my 69 510 4dr Sedan - Build Thread
View my 71 510 2dr Sedan - Coming soon.

http://drakers.pl510.info

#9 Ranman72

Ranman72

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,715 posts
  • Cars:68 datsun 510 2 door / 69 Datsun Roadster /05 350z / 08 f350 / 73 datsun 1200 coupe

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

eggs are delicious and good for you

#10 KELMO

KELMO

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts
  • Cars:71 Goon, 72 1200 coupe x 2, 69 F250

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:46 AM

175/70/13 & 185/60/13......I would think either size should work for a 1200, maybe a lower profile is needed.  Where on the fender do they rub?  I have 185\55\14 on my grey coupe with no rub at all and stock suspension (been told it needs more low and also that it looks like a Hot Wheels). When I had 195's on it, they rubbed,

Sadly, I do not have an extra set of 12" slots but do have some steelies.

NISMO: Nissan Impresses Sluts More Often
"Well, primer gray IS a color..." (quote: Kelmo's wife)

#11 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 69,433 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:41 AM

The rims have too much negative offset which is really too bad as the slots look great on it.  A 3" wide stretched tire might work.

Posted Image

#12 flatcat19

flatcat19

Back in Black

• 19,739 posts
  • Cars:Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

That thing is money with the slots.

You can't hang if your nuts haven't dropped...it's physics

#13 hosestop@msn.com

hosestop@msn.com

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • Cars:510 blk 4drsr,65fairlady510 wag24de521na,56delivy56 Ford truck,

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:58 AM

What you talking about 4ag when a ca18det auto would fit nice .Cmon Naners.

#14 flatcat19

flatcat19

Back in Black

• 19,739 posts
  • Cars:Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

4AG would be a way better motor over the CA. Lighter weight, same power, less work to install.
Parts are also way more plentiful for the Toyota.

And a 4AG sounds soooooo good when wound out.

You can't hang if your nuts haven't dropped...it's physics

#15 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,226 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:53 AM

The rims have too much negative offset which is really too bad as the slots look great on it.  A 3" wide stretched tire might work.

Oh i know ,, but they are offset as much as i would want a slot to be,,, that and it's the only 13" ones i could find.. :lol:

in the first pictures,  the front wheels are Donovans 14" rims with 185/60/14 he was running on the Warthog and they hit even at slight turn,,,,,,,,,,,,  the second set of oics they are 185/70/13 and rub bottom front arch on a hard turn ,

Yeah i guess you do,,

#16 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,226 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:04 AM

What you talking about 4ag when a ca18det auto would fit nice .Cmon Naners.

Like Flatcat says ,, the 4Age is cheaper and almost as powerful,, which is a good thing,,  cuz that 411 is a tiny little thing...

I also was hoping  to buy a set of weber 40s with manifold in the near future to make it look more vintage sitting in there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and i already  have 2 running 4Ag engines and rear wheel drive trannies  and 3 sets of fuel injection systems for them if i decide to make it more dependable.

i have been wanting to do a 4Age in a 411 since we saw little-Jasons set-up in his 1200 back in 2010 and he was giving us much advice.. But now things are going to have to be researched on the internets only. :(

RIP Jason

Yeah i guess you do,,

#17 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,226 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

175/70/13 & 185/60/13......I would think either size should work for a 1200, maybe a lower profile is needed.  Where on the fender do they rub?  I have 185\55\14 on my grey coupe with no rub at all and stock suspension (been told it needs more low and also that it looks like a Hot Wheels). When I had 195's on it, they rubbed,

Sadly, I do not have an extra set of 12" slots but do have some steelies.

Are those tires the ones they run on smart cars or car like that? seems like Jrock and his buddy Hans run a tiny little tire like that but they are hard to get ,,, or something??

Yeah i guess you do,,

#18 KoHeartsGPA

KoHeartsGPA

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,593 posts
  • Cars:1970 2-door 510, 1977 620 KC

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

Nice score, nanners!!

#19 paradime

paradime

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,356 posts
  • Cars:72 510 SR20 2 door, 01, Acura MDX, Valocci Electric Motorbike.

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

That's the sexiest egg I ever saw.

36028318531_e4983e3724_m.jpg

The blocked list is getting bigger-but you were the first.

http://the510realm.c...php?f=3&t=15379

http://youtu.be/H4rYbyudrhA?t=55s  https://youtu.be/GZtp6PiFlTI?t=2s https://youtu.be/G4RjPtffZHI?t=2s

#20 hosestop@msn.com

hosestop@msn.com

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • Cars:510 blk 4drsr,65fairlady510 wag24de521na,56delivy56 Ford truck,

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:23 PM

Toyo lubers