I'm glad I'm leaving California!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember California as being a serious freak show when I was in the Navy. Loved the beaches, pizza, and to be honest it was entertaining to watch the freak show. Some interesting memories of Ca, dated an Asian woman, every time I went to her house her mother was always pushing food on me like I was starving. However this ruined most dates.

• Like 2

Hope that 'The Big One' will hit on the 12th....

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if everything west of the AZ/NV borders slid off into the ocean, except for the cool cars.

The only reason California doesn't slide into the Pacific is the rest of the nation sucks, and Texas sucks harder than the rest. I would have to agree with Z-train, California used to really be something special. Not any more. No way I'm retiring here.

• Like 6

asta lavista baby 

most people leave california because they cant afford to live here 

the cost of living is relative 

wages here are more   living is more 

other places wages are typically less and living cost are less 

california is on of the few places to live where you can be in the snow in 2 hours or at the ocean in 2 hours  

can you take jerry brown with you when you leave 

• Like 3

I may have missed the point, but whats so bad about a weed parade or even legalization? You do realize its recreationally legal in Oregon, Colorado, California AND Washington, Washington DC, Alaska, Nevada, Massachusettes, and Maine not to mention all the medical states.

I grow weed recreationally in Oregon, every plant is tracked from clone to harvest, after harvest it becomes a batch, that batch is lab tested for pesticides and mold then is sold to a dispensary who in turn sells to customers to consume. How is regulating something that will no matter what be around a bad thing? Because now people cant use horrible pesticides on something someone will smoke? Or maybe its because now we are "contributing members of society" with everything we do having the highest taxes of any business? The first year Oregon was rec they made almost 15 million in just tax revenue and another 60 million in sales! That was money that was all considered "dirty" before and is now being taxed and helping contribute to society.

I don't agree with how they genetically modify food and make it just barely legally edible, but I'm not ragging on people that do. Sorry if you don't agree, but don't act like its making Cali a horrible state. I grew up in Michigan and traveled all over the east as a kid. I moved to Oregon 6 years ago and I can so easily say that Oregon, Washington, and Cali are my favorite states. So to each their own.

• Like 3

I may have missed the point, but whats so bad about a weed parade or even legalization?

So to each their own.

First and last sentences say everything ,, 

I don't indulge in the smokey arts as i got enough to fuck my brain up to last 4 lifetimes,, but if it floats your boat why not.

Here In Washington there is quite a few decent wage jobs in the growing / harvesting / shipping industry that a few ex-logging towns have embraced that were literally turning into ghost towns a few years ago..  It is actually making a couple coastal towns here leaders in the industry because of the forward thinking governments and all the giant empty warehouses already set up with high voltage power, sitting on cheap land to buy or rent. 

Mostly because their elected officials live in the present and are thinking of what will help their citizens NOW and and the future and not the 1950s . 

• Like 5

lots of my okie realtives left for Cali during the dustbowl. when they would come back to visit in the 1970s they made the place sound like paradise. as the 80s passed the stories grew darker. many of 'em are headed back now.

My family and I got to drive from Needles to Tahoe in '95 when an elderly friend asked me to help him pilot his motorhome out there for what turned out to be his last trip to see his daughter. Tahoe and Donner Lakes - goddamn that was beautiful! I wonder if the wooden flumes still carry water down the side of the mountain....?

169074_175184202524781_314551_n.jpg?oh=b

• Like 3

There's nothing like SoCal but I do like traveling and seeing other states. The ones up north, especially but wouldn't mind eastern, country, states and the east coast. It's about how you see things. Although I must admit that law enforcement is playing people dirty out here with their parking ticketing. Straight criminal. But, it'll catch up to them all. People sooner than later will take strong and heavily legal action. The law is: NO ONE is above it. :)

• Like 1

First and last sentences say everything ,, 

I don't indulge in the smokey arts as i got enough to fuck my brain up to last 4 lifetimes,, but if it floats your boat why not.

Here In Washington there is quite a few decent wage jobs in the growing / harvesting / shipping industry that a few ex-logging towns have embraced that were literally turning into ghost towns a few years ago..  It is actually making a couple coastal towns here leaders in the industry because of the forward thinking governments and all the giant empty warehouses already set up with high voltage power, sitting on cheap land to buy or rent. 

Mostly because their elected officials live in the present and are thinking of what will help their citizens NOW and and the future and not the 1950s . 

I hate fuckin' weed. I also no longer have a valid argument against it. Let 'em toke up and let me keep my guns. That's all I ask.

• Like 3

I hate fuckin' weed. I also no longer have a valid argument against it. Let 'em toke up and let me keep my guns. That's all I ask.

Good luck, the minority in power don't want you to have your guns, there are still too many of you out there to take them away right now.

But one day they will find a judge that will say you don't have the right to have your guns, they then will use propaganda to make you seem like a bad person to the rest of the sheep, then you will either give them up or die.

• Like 2

Hope that 'The Big One' will hit on the 12th....

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if everything west of the AZ/NV borders slid off into the ocean, except for the cool cars.

Now that's not very nice.Oh i get it,i see you live in Texas.How's the humidity there this time of year ?

• Like 1

To each their own. I love the freak show here in California. I never have a boring day. While I love other parts of the country, I can't imagine living anywhere else (maaaaybe Portland. I really like Portland). 

If you want to leave, fine. But don't go ragging on others who love life here just because you don't agree with it. 

Free country and all... and honestly, it's not like that parade is going to affect you in some significant way.

• Like 4

Iwas going to say that this could only happen here,but then

I remembered Oregon & Colorado.

www.yeswecannparade.com

Choose your new residence carefully.I googled this parade,they're doing it all over the country.Its not safe anywhere.

• Like 3