Exciting news! I just got a 240Z race car!

Hi everyone! My name is Mike Clifford, and my father and I run Michael's Vintage Racing. We work on mostly British cars at our shop, but Z-cars have always caught my attention at the track and I've kept one eye open in case something appeared at the right time.

Luckily, that time has come! biggrin.png

36426413136_d5168a5f54_z.jpg

36426411626_b156346edc_z.jpg

36426409706_797e228eeb_z.jpg

36426408166_4b0d6f3c12_z.jpg

36426407226_65454be0bc_z.jpg

This is all new ground for me, but I've already got a list of things I'm excited to do to the car smile.png

I've been reading up the past few days on Zs to familiarize myself, and I want to absorb as much information as I can ASAP. I've been reading about:
Basic information
Weak spots with race cars
Differences between 240/260/280 cars

If there's anywhere else I should definitely go, I'm looking forward to it!

• Like 10
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude! Welcome to Ratsun!

Unfortunately, I don't know how well you're going to fit in though. That thing is beautiful and you've already got the pedigree to make it into a jewel. Most of us show up with barely a parts car, no skills, and delusions of grandeur.

But, for real, nice ride. Start a built thread. I could use something else to be jealous of.

• Like 6

Most of us show up with barely a parts car, no skills, and delusions of grandeur.

Possibly the most accurate description of this place I've seen. I laughed pretty hard when i read this.

• Like 4

Welcome! Did you follow me here?

Hey, small world!

Dude! Welcome to Ratsun!

Unfortunately, I don't know how well you're going to fit in though. That thing is beautiful and you've already got the pedigree to make it into a jewel. Most of us show up with barely a parts car, no skills, and delusions of grandeur.

But, for real, nice ride. Start a built thread. I could use something else to be jealous of.

Haha, I'll do what I can to fit in :)

By the way, I know the car isn't "actually" a 240. It's a 74.5 260 with a 240 engine and brakes. Since the car will then run as a 240, it seemed the least awkward to refer to it that way. I've apparently already ruffled some feathers on a couple other forums by being unclear about that...

Really really kool :thumbup:

Thanks!

• Like 2

I've been having some fun coming up with potential liveries for the Datsun, and I'd like to get some opinions! Which do you think looks best? Any other ideas I should try? The colors came out a bit funky for some reason, but it's the same color scheme the Ginetta uses:
36629236595_69e1766868_z.jpg

36582554326_ab8f6b0f01_z.jpg
35819722773_bf0ef6414b_z.jpg
36490989621_d8751fd502_z.jpg
36490986951_0b180f967f_z.jpg

Hey, those really are exciting news! Really, congrats! And Welcome!

I'd vote: Type 2!

Then, I'd change the numbers to 505 and then realize, "The time has come (AGAIN) to let it go and to give it away to 505Plus5." Then, ship it across the States to Pasadena, California so I can drive in my new race car!

THEN, finally, you can read the following, if you'd like:

The Datsun 240Z: One of the Greatest Sports Cars Ever Made:

http://www.cheatshee...f=YF&yptr=yahoo

:)))

Nice Z, like the carb set up

Yeah 260 dash , 2.6L

Thanks! I'm very excited about the Webers myself; I love seeing them on all the other cars in the shop, but having a third one there just seems that much more special :)

Hey, those really are exciting news! Really, congrats! And Welcome!

I'd vote: Type 2!

Then, I'd change the numbers to 505 and then realize, "The time has come (AGAIN) to let it go and to give it away to 505Plus5." Then, ship it across the States to Pasadena, California so I can drive in my new race car!

THEN, finally, you can read the following, if you'd like:

The Datsun 240Z: One of the Greatest Sports Cars Ever Made:

http://www.cheatshee...f=YF&yptr=yahoo

:)))

Thanks!

I sense a bit of alterior motive in your plan there.... :D

I'll give that link a look after work.

#3 looks good .... body lines are perfect for it, but it seems like too much yellow.

Personally I like #2 the best ...

Seems different from you standard 2 tone paint job.... I like the lines you used to separate the blue and yellow...

Someone had suggested maybe trying a blue stripe in design 3 like the yellow stripe in #1; I may give that a try.

Thanks for the input!

:thumbup:

#3 looks too much like a 280ZX.

That's an interesting point, I wouldn't have known.

Whatever paint the hod black. At least I was in early.

Great start , pics and a poll

Ah, like a rally-type thing? That's a thought. Kind of like the front of the hood on the Cortina, I suppose :)

Very nice!

Thank you!

number 1 

or leave it the original color its nice as it is 

welcome aboard Ratsun

Thanks for the welcome! The original color isn't bad, but I'd like to use our shop colors for this car. Especially if it becomes a car people can drive themselves, I'd like it to stand out as ours.

• Like 1

I like #1. or #2 if the hood was completely yellow instead is striped.

What did you render those on?

I can mock that up for you.

I'm using Forza Motorsport 6, a racing game I play sometimes. It's been very helpful for this because I can't draw for crap :rofl: