14" tires are they still made?

I'm going to be in the market for some tires pretty soon and am having a hard time finding any. Well, any from recognizable makers. I currently have Falkon 195/60R14 but they don't make 14s now. All I get are 'passenger tires' from some maker I never heard of, probably China? wtf? Try harder?

What's available in the States? Maybe something I could order here? The on line shopping for tires is so retarded to navigate it's almost like they don't want to sell you anything. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the used tire market is getting iffy for smaller sizes; I figured that I could easily grab a 195/75R14 for one of the drivers that was about to shed tread.  Only craigslist finds were for studded snow.  Found one at the dodgy tire shop across the road, most reputable places won't sell anything over ten years old due to liability concerns, thanks a lot ambulance chasing shysters.

• Like 3

Ebay is actually pretty good for 14s and 15s. Walmart (if you don't mind the Douglas brand) can get most of the popular sizes from their suppliers though you may have to wait a day or two for shipping to the store. I personally don't mind the wait but bear in mind that Walmart will only mount the factory spec tire on the rim of a car you drive in. Sometimes they will mount any tire on any rim you carry in, sometimes not.

• Like 1

Douglas i believe are made by goodyear. I've always had good luck with them. Cheap and high mileage.

I tried a tire place and there was dismal possibilities. I'll try a few more.

Les Schwab sells 195/60 R14's

Are they a brand name? I tried their site and it was a fucking run around. One site you couldn't look for tires without dialing in your car. Don't want 155/75R13s

• Like 1

datzenmike - Thanks for posting your question. I'm in exactly the same position, needing some sort of 14"s. I don't mind driving on crappy used tires, I've done it for years but there is the rare occasion when Karen has to drive the 510 (she drives faster than I do) and a blowout would be something I'd likely hear about for years if it happened.

I agree the Les Schwab website isn't the best but I also understand they are very oriented toward their dealers so they think it is important to herd you to the nearest dealer. I got these choices for 195/60/14:

https://www.lesschwab.com/tires/size/195-60-14/all-season?loadindex=86&speedrating=h

It would be nice if they provided a bit more info such as where the tires are made and prices but I guess that is what the dealers are there to tell us.

Len

• Like 1

Also, maybe search some Mini Cooper sites......found some 12" tires for the 1200 several years ago (I think they were Falkens....damn CRS, can't even remember the site I got them from).

• Like 1

The reason I have Falkens is, I purchased a set of rims and the tires were on them. Never had a lick of problems with them, they are quiet and hold the road fine. Rather impressed with them. Apparently they don't make 14s anymore

• Like 1

Hankook, Nexen, Falken(ZE-322), and Kumho all make 14's in that size still. Probably perfect for what they are. 

best option is probably the Toyo Extensa although with a UTGQ of 360 I'd imagine treadlife may not be on par with your expectations. 

• Like 1

I haven't bought tires in decades. Nexen I saw, but for all I know are made in Tibet. Handkook and Kumho I recognize. Need to expand my search. The Kal Tire store I tried probably dish up their brands first.

• Like 1

I haven't bought tires in decades. Nexen I saw, but for all I know are made in Tibet. Handkook and Kumho I recognize. Need to expand my search. The Kal Tire store I tried probably dish up their brands first.

Mike be careful you are dating yourself!!!  LOL

• Like 1

I've had deecent results from Nankang 611 Toursports in 205-60-14 (I bet the 195's are easier to find). My first set lasted about 60,000...now I'm on my second set which are wearing evenly with almost 30.000 on them.

These are readily available in SoCal at Discount Tire in Azusa, and America's Tire in Puente Hills (they quoted $340 with lifetime balance and rotate). (Don't tell anyone but these are on my 4th gen Celica GTS)

Vicdat

• Like 1

Found some Falken tires in Quebec. Sent e mail for more info. There are 4-5 'tire' stores in town, will try them all.

Canadian tire.... Will only sell in sets, maybe in pairs. Want to know what they are going on, year and model, and won't sell you anything else. They are 14" rims on a car that came with 13"s. If I say '82 200sx rims they say only 185/70R14s or won't install them. It's all about liability so fuck them.

• Like 1