Anyone else put vanity covers in their 720 Engine bay?

Cheetosrdabest

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have Z22 valve cover.

Ahh..didn't know this...what's the difference in the Z24 and Z22 covers? The truck is a '84 with an all original engine ( other than things like the alternator and little things)....at least I thought, I bought it in '85 when it was only one year old so I just assumed it was all original

• Like 1

The valve covers are perfectly interchangeable. They just use completely different gaskets though so be sure you use the cork gasket with the aluminum cover.

The vanity covers are well done. Not my thing, but clean.

• Like 2

The valve covers are perfectly interchangeable. They just use completely different gaskets though so be sure you use the cork gasket with the aluminum.

Good to know ! I'll keep an eye out in the pick a pulls for one of these indeed..and the bolts too.

I too am undecided about the vanity covers...got a few mixed emotions at the last show it was at, but since I put the big hood scoop on ( had to since I dropped the body about 6 inches and the top of the engine was sticking up through the hood ) most seem to think it was so far gone (modified) that it actually worked. Only two bolts hold each on so they do come off easily and leave no trace of being mounted.

• Like 1

You are probably gonna laugh, but they are made from cutting the plastic radiator cover from a Ford F-150 in half and using the pieces for each side. 5 bucks from pick a part, a can of Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric paint, and a piece of vinyl kick trim like what is put in buildings....instant vanity !

https://flic.kr/p/XkedxM<- the piece on a Ford ( not the one I got...mine was faded and nasty)

https://flic.kr/p/Xht5hQ

I did a body drop on the truck and everything was out of place it make room so it was a bit of a mess under the hood...covers everything up nicely

• Like 1

Thanks ! Here's a straight on pic....makes it easier to see how the two pieces of the plastic mount up to cover the stuff on the inner fenders. Also, In case anyone needs to make the Nissan lettering in vinyl, you can down load the old Nissan font from the web and use MS word or a document software to scale it up or down. The font is almost an exact copy....even fit to the NISSAN embossed onto the tailgate of this '84 model

https://flic.kr/p/SVhdWV