Weber 38 Outlaw or 32/36 ??

SC620

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When people come here for help and they say "Oh yeah I have an aftermarket distributor/carb/volt  regulator/alternator/starter or clutch fan".... I kind of cringe. The best parts are the original, common and much of the problems (if any) are fairly well known. When an aftermarket carb is used every part of it is suspect and subject to some sort of unknown failure and it acts differently from the original. I realize there isn't much choice sometimes but you probably knows as much as me about them..

• Like 1

Yes, I agree about OEM parts and name brand parts. The newer generation of Datsun owner is way more willing to install aftermarket garbage on their Datsun than I would like to see. Ok, maybe some of the original stuff is getting expensive or hard to find, I get it, but owning an older vehicle means you're going to have to deal with that.

I always say part of the responsibility of classic car (or truck) ownership is keeping the car in at least as good of condition as when new, if not better. You should always strive to make them better. Quick hack fixes should not be part of the game.

Using aftermarket parts, or knockoff parts is fine, if they are up to par. When diagnosing vehicles with aftermarket or knockoff parts, it just makes it that much more difficult.

So when given the chance, it is always better to buy OEM or better quality parts. Spend the extra $140 on the real Weber and be sure, or roll the dice and possibly have some issues to contend with.

• Like 1

/\, specially if this is your DD. Either way do it right and spend the extra $$. Ive had a real weber 32.36 on my days in for like 15 years and the only issue ive had was the needle valve and the adapter, but that was my doing, once in awhile you have adjust air fuel mixture and that's it.

• Like 2

I completely understand. Just ordered timing chain kit for it today. I try not to use junk parts, but sometimes the cheaper has to be used until better can go on. So new timing chain kit, etc water pump, Weber 32/36, water pump on way in the mail. I will def be posting up pics of this build soon

• Like 2

This thing looks amazing already with the 3" drop blocks and Titan wheels. I'm in love !! Def the funnest and possibly easiest thing I've ever worked on and modified. Looks fucking awesome

• Like 2

Still trying to figure out how to post up the pictures. Do I need to create a photo bucket account or something ? I saw the sticky. Gonna read it tonight and try to figure it out. You guys are full of knowledge and I love having a Datsun in the collection along with my wife and I other 2 Nissans

• Like 2