Finding an old car

Not Datsun related, but I'm trying to find an old car.  1972 El Camino my wife's grandpa used to own.  I've got the bill of sale when Grandpa sold it in 2004 it has the license plate number that was on the car at the time, the guys name and his address.  Quick research shows he isn't at that address any more.  How can I find it?  All in Washington state.  Car was sold to a guy in Tacoma. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly no VIN.  Best I have is the license plate number, buyers name, and address (at the time). We drove by the house and didn't see the car, and  went on zillow to check the history of the house and it showed the house was sold in 05, after the car was bought.  Which tells me the guy moved. 

I've had good luck combining internet resources. If you have first and last name, the person is or was a property owner, and they maintain any social media, it's not difficult to get enough information to use Google Street view to look at their current home.

Social media

County tax assessor website

Google maps

Just remember...

3833081-6535156727-quote.jpg

The internet is a powerful tool. So are many of it's inhabitants.

• Like 1

Good ideas i didn't think of.  I tried face book, but there are quite a few Tonys out there, and not sure if it is Tony or short for Anthony.  Not fully sure if the guy was the owner of the home, from my understanding he wasn't the most reliable person. But that could just be Grandma exaggerating.